Otterbox?

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I noticed after getting the Nexus S that there was an Otterbox available for the Nexus One. Is there anyway to see if there is one in the works for the Nexus S? I have already cracked my screen like a fool. I am not going to replace it until I get a case that I am sure is able to withstand the little falls.

If not Otterbox, are there any cases worth considering that are not the poor quality ones offered at Best Buy?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
unless its the iphone otterbox takes a few months to release a case for a device. so probably wont see on til march the earliest but you can write them an email and ask. The best buy cases are basically seidio knock offs so if you dot liek them avoid seidio. Seido makes great slider cases but stay away from their snap ons. just my .02.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I Googled otterbox and wow do those cases look DURABLE. I have a TPU case on mine, it fits nicely and feels great in the hand. Gives it a much better grip( sadly I have to blame the grip on Samsung battery doors, for being too plasticy). If you are really that much of a clutz with your device, then I guess it is good news that they are almost done with one.

Sent from my Nexus S

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was coming to express my excitement that it was on its way. But, roylan beat me to it. This is truly going to be a quality case. Once it is released, will replace cracked screen and get me one.

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Received an e-mail from Otterbox regarding the Nexus S. Bad news guys..

"Dear Customer,

Due to unforeseen delays in production, OtterBox will not be launching the Defender Series case for the Samsung Nexus S. We remain committed to providing products of only the highest quality and will continue to evaluate protective solutions for upcoming devices in the Nexus series. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
P: 888.695.8820
F: 970.493.1755
We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

We've Got Technology Covered"

andy957

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed after getting the Nexus S that there was an Otterbox available for the Nexus One. Is there anyway to see if there is one in the works for the Nexus S? I have already cracked my screen like a fool. I am not going to replace it until I get a case that I am sure is able to withstand the little falls.

If not Otterbox, are there any cases worth considering that are not the poor quality ones offered at Best Buy?

I wrote directly to Otterbox customer service to see if they have or are planning on releasing a case for the Nexus and I got the standard canned "we don't have any information on when or if a case will be issued for this phone, please check our website."