Still No Car Dock?!

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay, seriously...where is the car dock for the Nexus S? Are we even getting one? I realize it's not the most popular phone in the world, but I bought it hoping I could have a great dock like I did with the Nexus One. I heard some rumors at the end of the year that more accessories were coming for it, but have yet to see ANYTHING other than the Seido case and holster.

If we can't get a form-fitting car dock, does anyone at least know of a universal dock that has a micro-USB connector built into the dock itself so I don't have to fish around for the plug?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay, seriously...where is the car dock for the Nexus S? Are we even getting one? I realize it's not the most popular phone in the world, but I bought it hoping I could have a great dock like I did with the Nexus One. I heard some rumors at the end of the year that more accessories were coming for it, but have yet to see ANYTHING other than the Seido case and holster.

If we can't get a form-fitting car dock, does anyone at least know of a universal dock that has a micro-USB connector built into the dock itself so I don't have to fish around for the plug?

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

Reactions: qnet

ahunter281#WP

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I got a brodit proclip at the end of january as the quality has always been good plus all i had to change was the holder as the base remained in place from my last 2 phones

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does that car dock look like basically a form-fitting dummy dock? It doesn't have any power connections at all. I want one that will bring up Car Home when I plug it into the dock. :(

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm not really surprised. It is Samsung afterall...This is so disappointing. I had the Nexus One and loved the car dock. I thought those metal contacts might become standard, but nope. And now Samsung can't even manage to put out a good car dock for their stock-Android dev phone.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm not really surprised. It is Samsung afterall...This is so disappointing. I had the Nexus One and loved the car dock. I thought those metal contacts might become standard, but nope. And now Samsung can't even manage to put out a good car dock for their stock-Android dev phone.

I agree. I've been wanting the same things you wanted for the Nexus S that, i had with the N1. I haven't seen any dock yet, that I liked like the Nexus One docks. They obviously didn't make enough money on the docks for the N1 so, it doesn't seem like they're in a hurry to make any decent docks for the Nexus S.

Those docks were really unique IMO and, not many people seemed to like them - like us - unfortunately. I really like the way car home opened when you installed the N1 also.

It looks like the pro clips are the best options unless Samsung ever decides to sale there accessories.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance