Duplicate contacts

A

AC Question

I have got Nokia 5 with Nougot 7.1.1. The system is very fast but only thing getting on my nerves is everytime I search for contacts, its showing double the times. Even though I have selected customize view for the same.
Also, please help me to save my contacts on my device not on Google.
The only option in save is "Google account"

Thanks in advance.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Saving on Google Account saves to both device and is backed up to Google. If you make it to not save contacts to Google, in the event your device suffers an accident, contacts may be lost and irrecoverable. Saving to Google means that if you buy a new phone and sign in your Google account, the contacts from the old phone are automatically downloaded.

As for the duplicates, do you know where the duplicates reside? Normally they appear because you have it saved on the phone on multiple locations (i.e. SIM, a second account etc).

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There should also be an option to only view one set of contacts; phone, SIM, Google, etc. I personally have not had good results from merging duplicates.

anon(9637269)

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the help but I just decided to delete the whatsapp contacts, now the whatsapp option is integrated with the google contact (as displayed). Thanks.

Tel1968

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I have same problem, it's in dialler not in contacts, seems to be what's app adding to the dialler contacts for any that have a what's app account in your contacts list, can't get rid of em. Surely someone knows why this is happening on Nokia phones? I have Nokia 5.

chandrahasreddy k

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Go to contacts >settings>contacts to display >select customize > then u select account you want to display
Hope this solves the problem. I tried and succeeded in my Nokia 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech