Nokia 5 SD Card is not shown on PC after adopting it as internal storage

A

AC Question

Hi there everyone,

I was using Lumia 520 before this and only recently I've bought Nokia 5 (16GB storage) installed with Nougat Android 7.1.1 so I'm kind of new in using Android based OS. It's also updated with Android security patch of August 1, 2017.

Since half of the internal storage already taken by the OS,I'm left with the other half remaining which resorted me to buy a 32GB microSD card (Sandisk Ultra C10). At first, I was using it as portable storage to put picture,video etc. But after knowing I'm capable of transferring app from internal > sd (after formatting it as internal), I thought I might give it a try to save more internal space. Back-up my SD card data onto and then format it as internal. After done with the formatting, I turn off my phone and open it back. I can still see both my internal storage and SD card is detected on the phone screen Setting>Storage.

The problem comes when I plugged in the USB to my PC but only the original internal storage is seen and not the formatted SD card which makes me unable to transfer the backup data back. I've read about this kind of problem from lots of forum/web and try few of the following methods but none seems to be working:

1) Deleting the data and cache of External Storage and Media Storage (System App) and then reboot it.
2) Clear cache partition in the recovery mode.
3) Change USB option from 'MTP' to Charging while USB was connected to the computer, then while still connected, change the USB option back to MTP.

Would appreciate if someone could help me fix this problem.
Thank you.

Faris Farraj

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
Any luck yet? I just plugged in the sd card and before choosing which option 1-as internal storage 2-for media, i decided to google it first.
So what happened with you :)?

giree24

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi there everyone,

I was using Lumia 520 before this and only recently I've bought Nokia 5 (16GB storage) installed with Nougat Android 7.1.1 so I'm kind of new in using Android based OS. It's also updated with Android security patch of August 1, 2017.

Since half of the internal storage already taken by the OS,I'm left with the other half remaining which resorted me to buy a 32GB microSD card (Sandisk Ultra C10). At first, I was using it as portable storage to put picture,video etc. But after knowing I'm capable of transferring app from internal > sd (after formatting it as internal), I thought I might give it a try to save more internal space. Back-up my SD card data onto and then format it as internal. After done with the formatting, I turn off my phone and open it back. I can still see both my internal storage and SD card is detected on the phone screen Setting>Storage.

The problem comes when I plugged in the USB to my PC but only the original internal storage is seen and not the formatted SD card which makes me unable to transfer the backup data back. I've read about this kind of problem from lots of forum/web and try few of the following methods but none seems to be working:

1) Deleting the data and cache of External Storage and Media Storage (System App) and then reboot it.
2) Clear cache partition in the recovery mode.
3) Change USB option from 'MTP' to Charging while USB was connected to the computer, then while still connected, change the USB option back to MTP.

Would appreciate if someone could help me fix this problem.
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol