Is there a way to answer an incoming call?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

With the volume button, the on/off button or the button that activates the personal assistant? It would be very benificial to me if it was possible to reprogram it like that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which device you have ?
Can check settings >accessibility >interactions and dexterity >answer calls

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154
861d2a5c7a7d42063ac2fb89d6fbe9fc.jpg

agb895

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Hi! Thank you for writing :) Sorry for the late reply. My device is a Nokia 6.2. I looked in the menu you suggested, but there wasn't an option to set it to answer calls by the external buttons, only one to make the text larger, and end call with Shut Down button.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi! Thank you for writing :) Sorry for the late reply. My device is a Nokia 6.2. I looked in the menu you suggested, but there wasn't an option to set it to answer calls by the external buttons, only one to make the text larger, and end call with Shut Down button.
Hi welcome to AC!

No problem, you check in accessibility menu?

agb895

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Thank you!

I'm afraid I can't see a function in the accessibility menu for assigning the function of answering an incoming call to one of the external buttons.

agb895

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Now that I look closer, I realise that I must have the wrong menu. My phone is in Danish, my first language. So I'm translating the menu names. I guess the direct translation of the menu that I found would be "help function>interactivity controls". I'm afraid I cannot find where to access the accessibility settings menu. Doing a search for the Danish word for accessibility says there is nothing with that name. I just tried changing the phone's language to English(or adding it I guess), and doing a search in the settings for accessibility, and it still can't find anything.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok I moved this to Nokia 6.2 forums to see if other members can help, but if you don't see that option then most likely can't.