Unread badges on calendar and email wrong

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
After setting up my Nokia 6 the unread count for calendar and especially the gmail app are showing an unread count that is incorrect. I have no unread emails but gmail is showing 99+, rebooted made sure all was unread, but it will not clear.
Does anyone know of a way to reset the badge counter? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and look for an app called BadgeProvider. Select it, then clear cache/data. Now see if the problem persists.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to try (which will wipe the homescreen clean as well) is to clear the cache/data from the launcher app. I'm not sure what Nokia calls it, though. You'll have to set up your homescreens again afterwards.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Correction, there is no Badgeprovider system app on the Nokia 6 only badeinfoquery, and clearing that does nothing. It is now doing to all apps, I could factory reset but I have a feeling that will do nothing, as it is a new setup. I may have to contact support or wait for a fix.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
One more update, chatted with Nokia support, he said it is pure Android and there is no way to clear badges, so for now I have an app I used on 6.0 that shows badges using the system icon ( the app is called Unread Badge) so that works (for email only) so hopefully there is a fix. This is my only complaint so far it is a nice phone overall.

techallan

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
After setting up my Nokia 6 the unread count for calendar and especially the gmail app are showing an unread count that is incorrect. I have no unread emails but gmail is showing 99+, rebooted made sure all was unread, but it will not clear.
Does anyone know of a way to reset the badge counter? Thanks.

I had the same problem. I solved it by opening Gmail on my computer, selecting All emails and marking them as read. It solved the problem within a few minutes. But I now have the issue on my calendar app. I can't remove it...

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I was finally able to clear the gmail app last week after having time to play around with it, but I also have one notification on the calendar that I cannot find or clear.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this is now resolved, I got a Google Calendar update today, now all my badges have cleared and also are showing and clearing accurately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel