Nokia Android Updates

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nokia 6 on Saturday (5/8/17) and I am very happy with it.:) Since that time I have had the June, July and August security updates which is really good.:D It shows that Nokia / HMD are really keeping on top of the security patches that Google is issuing for Version 7 of Android. I have also had the obvious app updates as well. ;)

Infinidim :cool:

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I got the July update a few days ago, i haven't got the August one yet. I got the model that sold in the US if that makes any difference. Overall, July is not too shabby at all, still up to date enough for me so far.

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Here is the warrantee statement with regards to the physical hardware -

(i) Twenty-Four (24) months for the main device including non-user-replaceable batteries, and
(ii) Six (6) months for all user-replaceable batteries, covers, cables, chargers, headsets and any other accessory included in the sales package of the main device.

Manufacturer does not provide any Warranty for the following: 1. User guides; 2. Any (i) third party software, settings, content, data, or links installed or downloaded onto your Product at any time, or (ii) Manufacturer and third party services or enabling clients even if preinstalled by Manufacturer (please read the terms and conditions that may accompany the services as those will define your rights and obligations); 3. Any (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) reduced charging capacity of the battery resulting from its natural end of Product life, or (iii) pixel defects in your Product’s display that are within the scope of industry standards; 4. SIM card and/or any cellular or other networks or system on which your Product operates; or 5. Errors or damage caused by: (i) misuse or not using your Product in accordance with the user guide, such as (but not limited to) if the Product has been exposed to damage resulting from liquid outside of the approved levels, to extreme electromagnetic field (such as damages caused by microwave oven), to dampness, to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, corrosion, oxidation, spillage of food or liquid, or to influence from chemical products, (ii) using your Product with, or connecting it to, any product, accessory, software, or service not manufactured or supplied by Manufacturer, (iii) any products combined with your Product by a third party, (iv) damage or errors caused by hacking, cracking, viruses, or other malware, or by unauthorised access to services, accounts, computer systems, or networks; or (v) other acts beyond Manufacturer’s reasonable control.

I can't see anything specific about the software firmware but I am assuming currently that it is also two years as well.

If I find anything else out I will post it here as well.

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got the latest update for my Nokia 6. It's great that they are keeping to their promise of keeping Android up to date with security patches on a monthly basis.

Well done HMD / Nokia.

Regards

thomasrix

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Just got the latest update for my Nokia 6. It's great that they are keeping to their promise of keeping Android up to date with security patches on a monthly basis.

Well done HMD / Nokia.

Regards

Anyone.... Does it contain something about Bluetooth ??
you can read about my problem under my post about it...

Rix

experimancer

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
I like the quick update policy of Nokia/HDM and since June I've received all updates and am now at 7.1.2. nice!

BTW: Where are the full Change Logs of system/security updates made available?

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the quick update policy of Nokia/HDM and since June I've received all updates and am now at 7.1.2. nice!

BTW: Where are the full Change Logs of system/security updates made available?

Still waiting for 7.1.2 in the UK currently but I am certain it won't be long.

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Nokia / HMD have let us down with update / patch for the TA-1033 in the UK this month. It's the 31st October and we still haven't got our patch / update. Not good.

Infinidim :( :cool: