Nokia Android Updates

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Still no update either security patch or 7.1.2 update in the UK for the TA-1033.

HMD / Nokia you have let us down this month.

Regards

Infinidim :( :cool:

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got the 7.1.2 update for the TA-1033 Nokia 6 in the UK. It's still at security patch level October though.

At least they are trying now.

I don't know whether it was that I made a formal complaint to HMD / Nokia but the update came the day after I complained.

Lets see how long it takes them to get the November patch out for 7.1.2.

Regards

Infinidim :cool:

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like there might be a bug in either the official Twitter app or the latest update that has been shipped by Nokia / HMD. The version of Android that I am talking about is 7.1.2 November security patched on the TA-1033.

What happens is the official Twitter app loads and you can login but you can't see anything - tweets, messages etc. The app thinks that there is not connection either on WiFi or mobile data. I in-installed, restarted my phone, re-installed the official Twitter app but this did not fix the issue as all.

I have also loaded "Slimsocial for Twitter" twitter client on my phone and this works perfectly.

All other apps of the phone work perfectly.

I have raised the issue with Nokia and also tweeted it on Twitter so that Twitter are aware of it as well.

Hopefully it will be addressed quickly.

Regards

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you are saying but I have raised it with both HMD Nokia as well as Twitter. I even got an update from Twitter but it didn't fix it.

Regards

Twitter / HMD Nokia still haven't fixed this issue yet and I have had a couple of Twitter updates since I posted this.

Regards

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got the December 2017 patch to the TA-1033 in the UK.

Next hopefully will be the January 2018 one with a patch for the "Meltdown" and "Spectre" exploits.

Regards

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Oreo got pushed to my phone yesterday!

I'll report back if if it has any negative impact (battery life?, camera? ) but I'm liking it so far.

Also interested to see what Nokia has in store for MWC.
The Nokia7 renders look good.... maybe too big for me.
I would like a snappier camera and a fingerprint sensor that works.