Using micro SD card in Nokia 6

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey there, I just got the Nokia 6 and put a micro SD card in there to expand the storage. I chose the option to format the card as internal storage rather than external. Did I do the wrong thing? I want to put lots of music on this phone and some apps. The storage indicator shows the main storage is almost full and just a little bit of external SD storage has been used.

I've now read that this phone needs alot of stuff to be on the root storage to run properly. What do I do now? I want to keep adding more music files on here.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you "move" an app to the SD card, small pieces of it get moved. For each piece, there's a link left in internal storage, so if the pieces aren't a lot smaller than the links, you aren't saving anything.

But if the card is formatted as internal storage, you have no choice where apps go - all of storage, the eMMC in the phone and the SD on the card, are one big block of storage, and Android decides which goes where.

Did you do wrong? I think so. If the phone doesn't have enough internal storage for all your apps, you need a phone with more internal storage, or fewer apps. SD cards have a limited number of write cycles, and an app moved to the SD card may write to where it's stored. Also, if the card fails, your data could be gone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance