02-11-2019 10:12 PM
45 12
tools
    I am on AT&T and this phone shows 4G only where my iphone shows LTE. I called AT&T and was told it could not get LTE or wifi calling. Now thinking of sending it back.
    Does it have a phone icon with LTE next to it? Mine also shows 4G where you would typically see LTE, but it also has that second icon to the left of it. In any case I've seen other people say they only see 4G, but do get LTE on their phones.
    05-22-2018 10:46 AM
    Try resetting the APN on the phone and getting a different sim card. Chances are youll need to go to a store to get anything worthwhile done.
    05-22-2018 01:32 PM
    at&t sent me a new sim and still only see 4g
    I reactivated my iPhone, but today decided to try the Nokia again. still 4g, but need to call them to get hotspot working and visual voicemail.

heard stories about Amazon closing account for excessive returns, so now I might just keep it. other than the 4g issue, it is a nice phone.
    05-22-2018 01:42 PM
    Follow these instructions to set the APN / MMS fora unlocked device on ATT

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1218306
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    05-22-2018 03:25 PM
    thanks, I will check it out.

everyone, are you happy with this device?
    05-22-2018 07:32 PM
    I'm looking to buy the Nokia 6 (2018) and being in Canada there doesn't seem to be an official channel to purchase. Through Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, there are two versions available:

TA-1045 - 3GB/32GB (US version, Amazon.com)
    TA-1068 - 4GB/64GB (Hong Kong & Taiwan version?, Amazon.ca)

Does anyone have experience of using either of these in Canada, Telus specifically? I'd go for the TA-1068 version, which has most but not all the bands covered. Or, would it be safer to go with the TA-1045 (US version)?

Most of my usage would be in a large city, but rural coverage is important to since I do quite a bit of driving around.

Thanks.
    05-23-2018 12:18 PM
    at&t sent me a new sim and still only see 4g
    I reactivated my iPhone, but today decided to try the Nokia again. still 4g, but need to call them to get hotspot working and visual voicemail.

heard stories about Amazon closing account for excessive returns, so now I might just keep it. other than the 4g issue, it is a nice phone.
    Farocco, check out the first page of this thread. A few of us discussed it there. Basically, 4G is LTE. I am on ATT as well, mine shows 4G. Speed tests prove I am getting LTE speeds. I have other Android phones on the account, those devices show LTE. Speed tests were similar across those and my Nokia 6.1 We would see HSPDA+ if we were getting 3G. Hope that helps.

I am loving the phone though. It's a great phone that is future proof at an excellent price point.
    05-24-2018 10:11 PM
    Thanks
    05-26-2018 08:30 AM
    To be clear, 4G is actually better than LTE. LTE was an early version of a fourth generation mobile network. There is some debate whether LTE networks really qualify as 4G. Read more about it at:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lte

Quick summary - you have nothing to worry about. I'm surprised Apple still use the term LTE in their UI (assuming the US operators use proper 4G).
    05-29-2018 09:03 AM
    This is odd. I'm on ATT and just set this phone up for my wife...I converted her from Apple (finally) Anson her phone the display shows a small phone icon with the letters LTE next to it.
    05-31-2018 06:32 AM
    I'm looking to buy the Nokia 6 (2018) and being in Canada there doesn't seem to be an official channel to purchase. Through Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, there are two versions available:

TA-1045 - 3GB/32GB (US version, Amazon.com)
    TA-1068 - 4GB/64GB (Hong Kong & Taiwan version?, Amazon.ca)

Does anyone have experience of using either of these in Canada, Telus specifically? I'd go for the TA-1068 version, which has most but not all the bands covered. Or, would it be safer to go with the TA-1045 (US version)?

Most of my usage would be in a large city, but rural coverage is important to since I do quite a bit of driving around.

Thanks.
    Anyone have thoughts on this? Same boat here in US on TMo.
    06-04-2018 09:00 AM
    Im located in Oakland and have a 1045 on Tmobile. I cant speak about rural coverage.
    06-04-2018 11:11 AM
    In US on TMO you want the 1045 model. Supports VoLTE, wifi calling, and Band 12. Unfortunately no band 71, but such is life. International variant is missing some TMO bands so I wouldn't get that one. Great phone for the price.
    06-04-2018 08:23 PM
    Im located in Oakland and have a 1045 on Tmobile. I cant speak about rural coverage.
    If assuming Oakland CA what's up man.
    06-06-2018 01:57 AM
    Yup. Working Uptown. Just navigating this place with my Nokia 6.1 man. Haven't really hit a dead zone although i know they exist. I also get some interference though due to all the traffic..
    06-06-2018 10:56 AM
    I'm thinking about moving on from my s8 and back to the world of mid range /unlocked and have been eyeing up the 6.1. My only hesitation is the camera. But I'm seeing the ozo audio capture as a potential upgrade in the video recording department actually.
    Done... Happy with it thus far!
    07-01-2018 11:20 AM
    Had one for a while. Doesn't get used that often. It's a back up to my two Essential Phones.

Don't get me wrong, it's a super phone just in my eyes, the Essential all around destroys it.

My wife (unfortunately an Apple ecosystem sheep) recently mentioned to me that she's sick of the iPhone because it's boring and would like to try a Galaxy. Maybe I'll give this to her to see if she's gonna like Android. Her last Android was a Samsung Captivate running I believe 2.3.
    07-27-2018 01:34 PM
    I've been using mine since a few weeks and I really love it. Speed is good, no real lag, completely reliable. And, important to me, the Bluetooth connection it makes is rock solid.

I have only installed 10 apps so far. I don't want to clutter it. I was dreading the copper trim because the photos looked ugly to me, but in person it looks nice.

The only things I would change are the placement for the fingerprint sensor, and the volume rocker and power button don't stick up very well. I got a tpu case though, which makes the buttons easier to use.

I got the updates over WiFi the first time I turned the phone on.

I absolutely love this phone.
    10-21-2018 10:02 PM
    I hope they arrive in Brazil with all models
    11-17-2018 08:14 PM
    To be clear, 4G is actually better than LTE. LTE was an early version of a fourth generation mobile network. There is some debate whether LTE networks really qualify as 4G. Read more about it at:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lte

Quick summary - you have nothing to worry about. I'm surprised Apple still use the term LTE in their UI (assuming the US operators use proper 4G).
    Actually LTE IS 4G in the rest of the world, US carriers were using 4G to describe HSPA+ which is misleading and also where the confusion arises. Basically if your Nokia 6.1 is showing 4G then you have LTE.
    02-11-2019 10:12 PM
45 12