Nokia 6 (2018) now available in the U.S.

snguyen10

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Got one yesterday. Been using a iPhone 5 for a month after I broke my s8. I am very satisfied with the phone. Amazingly fast for a midranger. Since mobile photography isn't really my thing, I'm thinking I may never buy another flagship phone again (as long as performance doesn't slow like my Samsung phones).

kpeace15

May 4, 2018
Visit site
I bought the Nokia 6.1 from Best Buy.
Model TA-1045

Overall,I like the device. I’m extremely excited to get guaranteed updates for a couple of years.

However, I am bothered by a some items.
Adoptable storage is nowhere to be found. It will only format for portable storage. I am not happy about this.

My device will not show LTE for the cellular data signal. It only shows 4G. Now, I have run speed tests, they all run similar to the other android devices in my house(these devices show LTE).so, this may be a non-issue. I was just surprised it only shows 4G. I have ATT service. My APN settings are the same as my other Android devices that show LTE.

My device show I am running patch from February 2018 and android 8.0.0. I thought I would have gotten an update to latest security update. I have checked for updates multiple times.

Is anyone else noticing these issues?

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Adoptable storage is nowhere to be found.

My device will not show LTE for the cellular data signal. It only shows 4G.

My device show I am running patch from February 2018 and android 8.0.0.

Got the TA-1045 version Thursday.

Noticing no adoptable storage as well. Not a major concern for me, but I see how it could be an issue for some.

No LTE symbol on TMO either, though I do have the LTE symbol next to the phone icon in the notification bar.

Also thought the 8.1 update would be available out of the box as some reports on Reddit are that the phone updated for them on first boot. I'm going to get be it a few more days before contacting support.

All things considered, I've been impressed with the phone. It's a very good device for $269.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Noticing no adoptable storage as well. Not a major concern for me, but I see how it could be an issue for some.

No LTE symbol on TMO either, though I do have the LTE symbol next to the phone icon in the notification bar.

Also thought the 8.1 update would be available out of the box as some reports on Reddit are that the phone updated for them on first boot. I'm going to get be it a few more days before contacting support.

All things considered, I've been impressed with the phone. It's a very good device for $269.
Was going to say the same. I am on T-Mobile and I have lte symbol next to phone icon and then it show 4g next to cellular signal. WiFi calling also works with T-Mobile too. This really is a fantastic phone. If I enable WiFi the lte symbol goes away by the phone.

kpeace15

May 4, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for confirming rjl2 and dby2011. Speed tests seem to confirm i am getting LTE speeds so i will leave that alone.

Not happy about adoptable storage, maybe all Android One devices are missing it. I might just need to re-adjust my expectations on this one.

I agree with you both, it is a very nice phone, cant believe all we get for the price.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for confirming rjl2 and dby2011. Speed tests seem to confirm i am getting LTE speeds so i will leave that alone.

Not happy about adoptable storage, maybe all Android One devices are missing it. I might just need to re-adjust my expectations on this one.

I agree with you both, it is a very nice phone, cant believe all we get for the price.
I even more shocked WiFi calling works with this and T-Mobile.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Nokia 6.1 from Best Buy.
Model TA-1045

Overall,I like the device. I’m extremely excited to get guaranteed updates for a couple of years.

However, I am bothered by a some items.
Adoptable storage is nowhere to be found. It will only format for portable storage. I am not happy about this.

My device will not show LTE for the cellular data signal. It only shows 4G. Now, I have run speed tests, they all run similar to the other android devices in my house(these devices show LTE).so, this may be a non-issue. I was just surprised it only shows 4G. I have ATT service. My APN settings are the same as my other Android devices that show LTE.

My device show I am running patch from February 2018 and android 8.0.0. I thought I would have gotten an update to latest security update. I have checked for updates multiple times.

Not sure for the other stuff, but I'm thinking they just didn't change the setting for the 4G display. AFAIK the LTE symbol only appears for US (maybe European but not sure) phones. All Androids I've seen for the Asian market shows 4G. And LTE is just a subtype of 4G anyway. It's not different.

kpeace15

May 4, 2018
Visit site
The TA-1045 is the only model I am aware of made specifically for the US. It definitely has 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. I know I have seen some posts and listings stating it has 4GB and 32GB. If they are talking about the TA-1045, they are wrong. I would love to hear from someone who has a US model with 4GB/32GB.

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

Mine updated once or twice after the 1st boot up. 8.1 and April security patch.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I received the 8.1.0 update with the April security patch early this morning. Installed with no issues.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech