Nokia 6 (2018) now available in the U.S.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
After using this phone for 3 days, it has been great for the most part. Only big issue is the camera in low light. It is very slow and seems to lock up. In great light it is pretty fast to focus and takes pics no problem. It seems to struggle for some reason in low light.

infinidim

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
After using this phone for 3 days, it has been great for the most part. Only big issue is the camera in low light. It is very slow and seems to lock up. In great light it is pretty fast to focus and takes pics no problem. It seems to struggle for some reason in low light.

Thanks

Infinidim :cool:

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about moving on from my s8 and back to the world of mid range /unlocked and have been eyeing up the 6.1. My only hesitation is the camera. But I'm seeing the ozo audio capture as a potential upgrade in the video recording department actually.

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
So I had liked it so far in my use. Experience has been smooth and battery life has been good. Love the build quality. Just got another update for the May security patch, so it shows that Nokia cares (guess being an AO device helps). But a couple of things are bothering me.

First is that on a couple of occasions my music has stopped playing. After a few seconds of messing around to try and get it going again there was a really bothersome pop sound before it started playing again. This happened on both Play Music and Spotify.

Second, call volume is severely low. I've heard of the earpiece having low volume on a couple of reviews I saw, but I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I finally took a call while outside and I could barely hear what the person on the other end was saying. And this was with a pair of headphones attached, which I figured might help deal with that issue.

Not sure I'm going to keep it just yet, which hurts because I like so much about this phone. But those two things (music audio and call audio) bother me enough that I might just have to return it.

Also a few pics. Nothing to great (as in content, not the quality of the photos). Really sunny day so ideal conditions for the cam.

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_164440.jpg
    IMG_20180521_164440.jpg
    996.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180521_164359.jpg
    IMG_20180521_164359.jpg
    977.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20180521_164236.jpg
    IMG_20180521_164236.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 28

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I am on AT&T and this phone shows 4G only where my iphone shows LTE. I called AT&T and was told it could not get LTE or wifi calling. Now thinking of sending it back.

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am on AT&T and this phone shows 4G only where my iphone shows LTE. I called AT&T and was told it could not get LTE or wifi calling. Now thinking of sending it back.

Does it have a phone icon with LTE next to it? Mine also shows 4G where you would typically see LTE, but it also has that second icon to the left of it. In any case I've seen other people say they only see 4G, but do get LTE on their phones.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Try resetting the APN on the phone and getting a different sim card. Chances are youll need to go to a store to get anything worthwhile done.

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
at&t sent me a new sim and still only see 4g
I reactivated my iPhone, but today decided to try the Nokia again. still 4g, but need to call them to get hotspot working and visual voicemail.

heard stories about Amazon closing account for excessive returns, so now I might just keep it. other than the 4g issue, it is a nice phone.

Event4izon

May 23, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking to buy the Nokia 6 (2018) and being in Canada there doesn't seem to be an official channel to purchase. Through Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, there are two versions available:

TA-1045 - 3GB/32GB (US version, Amazon.com)
TA-1068 - 4GB/64GB (Hong Kong & Taiwan version?, Amazon.ca)

Does anyone have experience of using either of these in Canada, Telus specifically? I'd go for the TA-1068 version, which has most but not all the bands covered. Or, would it be safer to go with the TA-1045 (US version)?

Most of my usage would be in a large city, but rural coverage is important to since I do quite a bit of driving around.

Thanks.

kpeace15

May 4, 2018
Visit site
at&t sent me a new sim and still only see 4g
I reactivated my iPhone, but today decided to try the Nokia again. still 4g, but need to call them to get hotspot working and visual voicemail.

heard stories about Amazon closing account for excessive returns, so now I might just keep it. other than the 4g issue, it is a nice phone.

Farocco, check out the first page of this thread. A few of us discussed it there. Basically, 4G is LTE. I am on ATT as well, mine shows 4G. Speed tests prove I am getting LTE speeds. I have other Android phones on the account, those devices show LTE. Speed tests were similar across those and my Nokia 6.1 We would see HSPDA+ if we were getting 3G. Hope that helps.

I am loving the phone though. It's a great phone that is future proof at an excellent price point.

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
This is odd. I'm on ATT and just set this phone up for my wife...I converted her from Apple (finally) Anson her phone the display shows a small phone icon with the letters LTE next to it.

garrett 77

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to buy the Nokia 6 (2018) and being in Canada there doesn't seem to be an official channel to purchase. Through Amazon.ca and Amazon.com, there are two versions available:

TA-1045 - 3GB/32GB (US version, Amazon.com)
TA-1068 - 4GB/64GB (Hong Kong & Taiwan version?, Amazon.ca)

Does anyone have experience of using either of these in Canada, Telus specifically? I'd go for the TA-1068 version, which has most but not all the bands covered. Or, would it be safer to go with the TA-1045 (US version)?

Most of my usage would be in a large city, but rural coverage is important to since I do quite a bit of driving around.

Thanks.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Same boat here in US on TMo.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have thoughts on this? Same boat here in US on TMo.

In US on TMO you want the 1045 model. Supports VoLTE, wifi calling, and Band 12. Unfortunately no band 71, but such is life. International variant is missing some TMO bands so I wouldn't get that one. Great phone for the price.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Working Uptown. Just navigating this place with my Nokia 6.1 man. Haven't really hit a dead zone although i know they exist. I also get some interference though due to all the traffic..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7