Need a little input from 6.1 US version owners please.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Looking at this phone for an everyday use work phone, will be using it on AT&T. How is the battery life? How is the reception /signal strength? Those are my only priority needs, don't care about camera performance or anything else, but it has to last the work day plus travel back and forth and has to be reliable as a phone (calls and text messages). Thank you in advanced for your input and personal experience with the 6.1

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is excellent for 3000mah. Much better than what i was getting on my s8. Reception / signal strength is decent but the overall signal where i live is kinda crap to begin with. Personally i really do enjoy the phone. If calls / texts are your thing you should be happy.

Jason Gilbert

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a 6.1 from Best Buy. Popped the AT&T sim out of my S7 and into the Nokia and I'm getting great reception (Cincinnati area). the phone recognizes At&T as the service provider, and I haven't needed to tinker with any settings.

So far battery life seems pretty good, even through the first few days of lots of updates and app installs. The phone will slow down a little bit if I really push it, but for day-to-day stuff it's just as good as my S7 was when it was new. (Note that I am not a gamer.) I was going to hold out for a Pixel 3, but my S7 is dying and I want something that will get Android 9 pronto (so no Motorola). Overall I'm delighted with it.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Its a nice phone but it does have some small glitches. battery life is good for about a day. maybe two if i dont use it. reception and signal are Ok but i notice that sometimes ill get a call/text notification but the phone didnt ring or use the SMS notification sound.

I had to switch camera apks b/c i couldnt stand the 6.1 apk crashing so i side loaded the 7 + camera apk and its a improvement. I installed nova launcher to replace the OE launcher 3. When i use USB C port the phone asks me if i want to enable USB debugging when its already enabled and it doesnt default to USB charging. It sticks on the what i used the USB C port last time it being transferring photos or files. SO when this happens it quickly depletes an already low battery without you really noticing it until the phones bricked with a dead battery.

Otherwise as ive said its a nice phone and i like having android one. Im not sure whats at fault of the clitches im experiencing. I mean it could very well be ME.. YMMV

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
There's a fix for the freezing camera app bug. Simply disable the location in the camera settings. I read this on the Nokia forums and wouldn't you know... it worked. Had the Pixel camera app loaded and have since uninstalled because of this workaround.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm