6.1 vs moto x4 vs moto g6

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am looking to possibly get a new phone. I currently have an LG G5. While it has been good and served me well and until I had a cracked glass repaired I had none of the gps problems some complain about, now since the repair it looses the gps signal. Then I miss turns, this can be frustrating.

Im looking at the 6.1 or the moto x4. Both seem simular and also like the moto g6. Mostly I do texting,mms messages, social media,youtube, and listen to music. Nfc for google pay would be nice. I take photos sometimes but not expected to be pro quality pics. I like the finger sensor on the rear but the s5 I had years ago and work iphone 6 have it on front so I can adapt either way.

Which over all is best for me? I like the hawaawi mate se also but it lacks nfc so kinda not looking at it

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I also should mention I am on Cricket wireless
My Moto g4plus was one of the defective phones they kept selling. It wasn't fun dealing with the ghost touches for two years.

So I didn't want to reward them with another purchase from them.

I've had my Nokia 6.1 for about a week but haven't been using it yet because I need a new sim etc. But it looks smooth - if there's a bad issue with it I'll post about it. I also wanted NFC. And a working phone lol.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Oops, I was talking about the Moto problems at the beginning of my post above.

Also, I'm on Cricket too. You can use any unlocked gsm phone on Cricket. Any phone you could use on AT&T you can use on Cricket.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Well now I have switched to T-mobile. In the last few weeks I have been camping and also doing some work moblie. I had been using the hot spot feature in the G5 for 2 years. Cricket seems to be cracking down on this and sent me a few texts about using it and not having the feature on my account. So I said Id gladly pay for it but they wont sell it to me on my phone. So they said if I used it again I my service would be suspended for fraud.
So I took the G5 to tmobile got 10Gb and unlimited text, calling for $40.

The G5 seems to work better on tmobile. Im going to keep it a while longer. It doesnt support volte or wifi calling but I can live with out those.
In compairing the nokia 6.1 to X4 now I think the x4 would win just because its got more of tmobile's lte bands and is carrier tested on their network. The nokia still a good device but dont have band 66.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad tmo works well for you. Wow, I'm surprised Cricket would be threatening its customers like that! Not too good.

I've been wanting to try out tmo in my location for a long time. 10 gb of data for $40/month sounds better than my Cricket plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy