My Wife's Nokia 6.1 just received the Android Pie update OTA out of the blue. My wife said she got an update. I said, "Is it Pie?" She had no idea and okayed it LOL. Sure enough it was and the launcher looks just like the Pixel Launcher. So far so good. I even took a few pics and there was no lag. This phone's camera app has always been a disaster so this is a nice change.

We're in Texas and the Phone was purchased from Best Buy months ago.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-08-2018 08:10 PM
    Good job, Nokia!
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-09-2018 08:01 PM
    A slice of pie was also delivered to my Nokia 6.1 this week, in the UK. Update proceeded smoothly and no problems so far. There are of course, subtle changes to the interface and launcher, but so far I'm liking what I see.
    11-10-2018 03:28 AM
    How is the performance now is there any issues now or it is OK
    11-10-2018 03:54 AM
    I haven't noticed any reduced performance yet, but it's early days. Actually, I was experiencing some lag issues (non-responsive screen) on my 6.1 prior to the update, that has not been seen so far on Pie, so I'm hoping that has been fixed.
    mrsmumbles and ghibran like this.
    11-10-2018 08:36 AM
    I had a temporary issue where the phone wouldn't charge unless I shut it off but it seems fine again now. The changes to the ui are kind of annoying because there's no real reason for the clock to be on the left side and the Google search bar on the bottom, etc. But it's ok. The ota went smoothly and I don't remember if there were any issues so I guess there weren't any.
    ghibran likes this.
    11-11-2018 10:37 AM
    The changes to the ui are kind of annoying because there's no real reason for the clock to be on the left side and the Google search bar on the bottom
    Apparently it's to make way for the beloved "notch", amongst other changes they've made to accommodate it.

Just come from Lollipop yesterday after nearly 5 years with my previous phone and bought this one. This is a very steep learning curve at the moment, and to be honest one I'm not enjoying at all.
    11-17-2018 04:04 PM
    Can't believe your Nokia has pie and my Samsung S9+ doesn't, thanks for nothing samsung.
    11-17-2018 04:26 PM
    I hope the notch doesn't become ubiquitous.
    Apparently it's to make way for the beloved "notch", amongst other changes they've made to accommodate it.

Just come from Lollipop yesterday after nearly 5 years with my previous phone and bought this one. This is a very steep learning curve at the moment, and to be honest one I'm not enjoying at all.
    It's just different now. My spare phone (OnePlus One) which I used for several months after my Moto G4+ was stolen, had a look and feel that I was used to because I used it pretty heavily since I first got it. But it had major problems, such as trying to pair unsuccessfully with headphones (lots of issues with the Bluetooth on it). Because of the issues, including aging battery and heating up enough to burn me at times, I was very glad to get the Nokia and I expected to be disoriented by the ui a bit. Other than the design changes, Settings seems more confusing now. But I'll get used to it. There's no telling what Android Q will bring, and when we get it we'll probably feel the same.
    11-17-2018 05:03 PM
    I'm surprised to read that. I thought the flagships did have pie.
    Can't believe your Nokia has pie and my Samsung S9+ doesn't, thanks for nothing samsung.
    11-17-2018 05:11 PM
    I'm surprised to read that. I thought the flagships did have pie.
    Well that makes two of us surprised.
    11-17-2018 05:45 PM
    Yes, I don't mind getting the big updates anymore because I have all my media on Micro SD. I bought some music recently from the play store (it's a long story why I couldn't buy it from Amazon), and I guess I can always stream them if I've downloaded them too much.

I hated getting updates before my Moto G4+ because my phones didn't have micro SD support. And I didn't want to reset the phone afterwards because I would lose all my music and media. I hope there will be phones which continue the support. For some reason I always see the future in phones as unfavorable.
    Well that makes two of us surprised.
    11-17-2018 07:00 PM
    and it is working very well
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-17-2018 07:13 PM
    The changes to the ui are kind of annoying because there's no real reason for the clock to be on the left side
    I've found a (sort of) work around to the horrible clock perched up on the left.

Following this: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...icons-0186364/ you can disable the clock from the status bar. I then sized a tiny clock widget (in this case Chronus), and placed it unobtrusively in the right hand corner of my home screen.

I've always had a clock widget there in any case as generally I have the status bar hidden in any case.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-19-2018 05:06 PM
    That's a good idea, thanks for posting.
    I've found a (sort of) work around to the horrible clock perched up on the left.

Following this: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...icons-0186364/ you can disable the clock from the status bar. I then sized a tiny clock widget (in this case Chronus), and placed it unobtrusively in the right hand corner of my home screen.

I've always had a clock widget there in any case as generally I have the status bar hidden in any case.
    11-19-2018 05:26 PM