As the title says. August patch has arrived.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-25-2020 05:57 AM
    As the title says. August patch has arrived.
    Thanks. Was just think about it. Phone downloaded it but never notified me of it. I want the pixel 4a but this phone is still servicing me well. And every now and then I take it out of the case and it was really ahead of it's time.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    08-30-2020 09:30 AM
    Thanks. Was just think about it. Phone downloaded it but never notified me of it. I want the pixel 4a but this phone is still servicing me well. And every now and then I take it out of the case and it was really ahead of it's time.
    So you not thinking of getting the 7.3 then?

I've also looked at a 4a but I can't live without SD support.
    08-31-2020 12:21 PM
    So you not thinking of getting the 7.3 then?

I've also looked at a 4a but I can't live without SD support.
    Good point. So much phone for the money.

I am disappointed in the speaker phone of the 7.1 while on calls. And the haptic motor can be improved. Hardly ever hear it buzzing on a table when I am staring right at it.

That being said, I like SD support. If the 7.3 improves upon these two areas, and improves low light photos, I may switch, or really hold out for the 7.4 .

I can't go to a phone that doesn't get monthly security patches. I am spoiled now and Oneplus seems to set on becoming the new Samsung with their prices and now changing the OS.

And to top it off, my son has an apple watch (long story) but man that is really sweet. Nicer than my pebble and active watches. I just can't give up on Android.
    09-01-2020 06:25 AM
    Good point. So much phone for the money.

I am disappointed in the speaker phone of the 7.1 while on calls. And the haptic motor can be improved. Hardly ever hear it buzzing on a table when I am staring right at it.

That being said, I like SD support. If the 7.3 improves upon these two areas, and improves low light photos, I may switch, or really hold out for the 7.4 .

I can't go to a phone that doesn't get monthly security patches. I am spoiled now and Oneplus seems to set on becoming the new Samsung with their prices and now changing the OS.

And to top it off, my son has an apple watch (long story) but man that is really sweet. Nicer than my pebble and active watches. I just can't give up on Android.
    I agree with you, although I'm not too bothered about the haptic motor as now being retired I don't use silent mode very much these days.

I'm sure I could get another year out of this baby so the 7.4 does look appealing. By then, the camera specs should have improved by quite a margin.

I have to use SD support as I have thousands of music files and many photos.

As for the Pixel, apart from lack of SD slot, I not keen on the build quality compared to Nokia. Would love that Pixel camera though.
    09-01-2020 04:02 PM
    I agree with you, although I'm not too bothered about the haptic motor as now being retired I don't use silent mode very much these days.

I'm sure I could get another year out of this baby so the 7.4 does look appealing. By then, the camera specs should have improved by quite a margin.

I have to use SD support as I have thousands of music files and many photos.

As for the Pixel, apart from lack of SD slot, I not keen on the build quality compared to Nokia. Would love that Pixel camera though.
    I want the pixel camera in a Nokia Phone.

I would love to have wireless charging again. Haven't had it since I owned a Droid Turbo. Nice to have at work to have the phone charging and just picking it up to answer. On Nokia forums people complain about quality control and I had two devices go bad within a month. Bad USB ports. I remember wanting the grey model but when blue went on sale for 70.00 cheaper, didn't make sense to hold out.

I complain a lot to the family so they want me to switch to Apple. Heck my son jailbroke it because he wanted the android like interface on apple hardware. Can't argue with that.

Sometimes I take the phone out of it's case and let it slip and slide and then I remember how it feels like it cost so much more. I don't even mind the large chin at the bottom.

Hopefully the 7.3 can compete with the 4a and the Oneplus Nord.
    09-02-2020 06:42 AM
    I want the pixel camera in a Nokia Phone.

I would love to have wireless charging again. Haven't had it since I owned a Droid Turbo. Nice to have at work to have the phone charging and just picking it up to answer. On Nokia forums people complain about quality control and I had two devices go bad within a month. Bad USB ports. I remember wanting the grey model but when blue went on sale for 70.00 cheaper, didn't make sense to hold out.

I complain a lot to the family so they want me to switch to Apple. Heck my son jailbroke it because he wanted the android like interface on apple hardware. Can't argue with that.

Sometimes I take the phone out of it's case and let it slip and slide and then I remember how it feels like it cost so much more. I don't even mind the large chin at the bottom.

Hopefully the 7.3 can compete with the 4a and the Oneplus Nord.
    Yes, I've seen all the complaints about quality on the Nokia forums. As it happens, I've never experienced any issues with my 7.1 and I've had it now for nearly two years.

It's normally only the complaints you see on these forums, no one ever posts about the positives. But I do sympathize regarding your issues.

I also looked at the Nord but only briefly, as I now would never consider anything Chinese. By the way, that's nowt to do with Trumpy, I'm English.

We will see how things pan out in the near future.
    09-02-2020 07:22 PM