As I said.
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    11-05-2020 05:24 AM
    As I said.
    You beat me to it!!!!
    I may be leaving nokia soon.
    Speaker popped and sound was muffled for a few hours then came back. I wonder if it is dying on me.
    I have a protection plan that expires on December 18th so we will see.
    11-05-2020 09:29 AM
    You beat me to it!!!!
    I may be leaving nokia soon.
    Speaker popped and sound was muffled for a few hours then came back. I wonder if it is dying on me.
    I have a protection plan that expires on December 18th so we will see.
    What will you go for, 4a?

I also had a problem last week where in 2 hours of sitting on the dining table doing nothing at all, my battery dropped from 80% to 11% and I could barely hold the phone, it was so hot.

I think it was the NHS Track and Trace app, so I've now deleted it. It's a load of rubbish anyway.

In a couple of weeks my 7.1 will have its second birthday, so I will be looking to change, but to what, I have no idea as yet. There seems to be so many reasonably priced option around.
    11-05-2020 10:43 AM
    What will you go for, 4a?

I also had a problem last week where in 2 hours of sitting on the dining table doing nothing at all, my battery dropped from 80% to 11% and I could barely hold the phone, it was so hot.

I think it was the NHS Track and Trace app, so I've now deleted it. It's a load of rubbish anyway.

In a couple of weeks my 7.1 will have its second birthday, so I will be looking to change, but to what, I have no idea as yet. There seems to be so many reasonably priced option around.
    I was really looking at the 4a. But thought reverse wireless charging would be cool since I wear a smartwatch.

I just need a nice size phone like what the 7.1 is but with a better speaker for calls. Videos it's loud but phone calls it isn't. I'm concerned the 7.2/7.3 and the pixels won't cut it. Looking at the S20FE but I hate duplicate apps, or rather apps I cannot delete. I tried an old iphone we have for a day and just couldn't do it.
    11-06-2020 07:35 AM
    I was really looking at the 4a. But thought reverse wireless charging would be cool since I wear a smartwatch.

I just need a nice size phone like what the 7.1 is but with a better speaker for calls. Videos it's loud but phone calls it isn't. I'm concerned the 7.2/7.3 and the pixels won't cut it. Looking at the S20FE but I hate duplicate apps, or rather apps I cannot delete. I tried an old iphone we have for a day and just couldn't do it.
    Yes, a real quandary isn't it.

I've got another issue as of last night. My signal booster box died and my carrier no longer supports it. I have NO signal where I live and none of the UK carriers support Wi-Fi calling on the 7.1 & 6.2.

Looks like I'm stuffed unless I go Sammy, Google or iPhone, or I move house. Grrr.
    11-06-2020 09:45 AM
    I've now ascertained that both the 7.1 & 7.2 can now get WiFi calling with EE, so I'm now in the process of moving from Vodafone to EE.

I know it's a step backwards but I've just purchased a 7.2 and my wife will use my old 7.1.

Seems like the only sensible way forward at the moment.
    11-07-2020 10:13 AM
    I jumped ship today. I was constantly having calls just disconnect (not a network thing) and others where the callers couldn't hear me at all for spells at a time. Plus the pop that happened in the speakerphone.....I picked up a S20 FE minus the cost of the 7.1 so it was a no brainer....I hate having duplicate apps, but I will make due....
    11-22-2020 05:49 PM
    I jumped ship today. I was constantly having calls just disconnect (not a network thing) and others where the callers couldn't hear me at all for spells at a time. Plus the pop that happened in the speakerphone.....I picked up a S20 FE minus the cost of the 7.1 so it was a no brainer....I hate having duplicate apps, but I will make due....
    Hi Tony, glad you've got it sorted. I'm certain you'll enjoy your FE, my Son in Law seems to have managed to get rid of most of the Sammy crapware.

I'm actually liking my new 7.2, especially with the WiFi calling and the snappier 660 processor.

Guess we'll meet up again in other forums on here but I've enjoyed our chats regarding the 7.1

Take care my friend.

Kind regards,

Alan.
    11-22-2020 07:09 PM
    Interesting. I came looking to see if anyone else was having an issue with the speaker phone only. Will start a new thread on that.
    11-23-2020 01:16 PM