I just updated to the May security patch.
    I love Android One!
    dangerousfen likes this.
    05-30-2019 05:41 AM
    I love Android One!
    Yes, I received it this morning.
    05-30-2019 09:34 AM
    me too... love the fact we get updates so quickly.
    05-30-2019 11:37 AM
    I love Android One!
    Yep. Got it as I was setting up my Nokia. Coming from a BlackBerry device aka BlackDroid, where as a customer I was basically abandoned and a simple security patch seemed like a Christmas gift...I too am impressed...

Two software updates and five security patches just with turning on the phone..😧😕
    06-14-2019 08:42 AM
    Yep. Got it as I was setting up my Nokia. Coming from a BlackBerry device aka BlackDroid, where as a customer I was basically abandoned and a simple security patch seemed like a Christmas gift...I too am impressed...

Two software updates and five security patches just with turning on the phone..
    Yes, I was with BlackBerry up until 2+ years ago. Had been with them for 10 years.

Now been with Android ever since that time and never look back. I still use the BlackBerry keyboard and password keeper though. I couldn't exist without that keyboard.
    adonesc76 likes this.
    06-15-2019 07:52 AM
    Yes, I was with BlackBerry up until 2+ years ago. Had been with them for 10 years.

Now been with Android ever since that time and never look back. I still use the BlackBerry keyboard and password keeper though. I couldn't exist without that keyboard.
    I miss the Hub and Keyboard as well...but I'm learning to do without them. The Google Keyboard is not at the same level as the BlackBerry one, but it's more than enough for me and perfectly serviceable.

If the BlackBerry software and apps had been offered for free, then maybe I'd have considered downloading/installing them again. And while I know that paying $0.99-1.29 per month is not much...the idea of paying for anything BlackBerry is a turn off. I gave them enough money over the past almost decade I spend buying their devices...😡
    06-15-2019 08:23 AM
    I miss the Hub and Keyboard as well...but I'm learning to do without them. The Google Keyboard is not at the same level as the BlackBerry one, but it's more than enough for me and perfectly serviceable.

If the BlackBerry software and apps had been offered for free, then maybe I'd have considered downloading/installing them again. And while I know that paying $0.99-1.29 per month is not much...the idea of paying for anything BlackBerry is a turn off. I gave them enough money over the past almost decade I spend buying their devices...
    I know exactly what your saying. Download Cobalts BlackBerry Manager, it's completely free and has pretty much the whole suite of software included but you can just instal the applications you want.

You will need to set your Nokia to "instal from other sources" to instal the app.

Give it a shot. If your not happy with it, delete it.
    adonesc76 likes this.
    06-15-2019 11:06 AM
    I know exactly what your saying. Download Cobalts BlackBerry Manager, it's completely free and has pretty much the whole suite of software included but you can just instal the applications you want.

You will need to set your Nokia to "instal from other sources" to instal the app.

Give it a shot. If your not happy with it, delete it.
    Thanks. Will try it out.I must say, that even though I've only been with the Nokia 7.1 only a few days...wow... impressed with the phone! In every which aspect. After the DickTeck 50, which wasn't a bad phone at all, save the battery life and limited 16GB storage, this feels like a breath of fresh air .

I can't kill the damn battery. This phone tires me out and puts me to sleep. Just looking at how much storage space there is available on the device, makes me happy.

After getting my gonads repeatedly kicked in by BlackBerry, cough PlayBook cough, I'm questioning, why the bloody hell did I wait soon long to get out? But I'm glad I did...because coming back to Nokia was worth it. And if the 7.1 will continue performing as well...let's just say it will wash away all the rot from Blackberry...😜

And though I still think that BlackBerry 10 was an amazing OS, ahead of it's time when released and criminally underrated, the whole Android One initiative or programme is outstanding. Not having any soul sucking bloatware is awesome.😀😁
    06-15-2019 08:01 PM