Purchased my 7.1 just after launch back in November 2018. The battery seems to be doing ok. I still have in excess of 40% left when I feed it before going to bed.

I would be interested in knowing how yours is doing.

Alan.
    07-30-2019 07:36 PM
    Waaaay better. I was losing power at an alarming rate. But I found the culprit. It was the Carrier Services app. It was sucking the life out of the battery.

Since I force stopped it and then uninstalled it, the battery is back to normal...and now it lasts as it did when I just bought the device.

The battery life on the Nokia 7.1 is really good. For me anyways. It takes a lot to kill it...and even with mixed use it holds up quite well.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    07-31-2019 06:54 PM
    Waaaay better. I was losing power at an alarming rate. But I found the culprit. It was the Carrier Services app. It was sucking the life out of the battery.

Since I force stopped it and then uninstalled it, the battery is back to normal...and now it lasts as it did when I just bought the device.

The battery life on the Nokia 7.1 is really good. For me anyways. It takes a lot to kill it...and even with mixed use it holds up quite well.
    Am I correct in assuming that carrier services only affects RCS?
    07-31-2019 07:45 PM
    Am I correct in assuming that carrier services only affects RCS?
    I think so. My carrier doesn't support RCS features...so I'm not missing much. I don't necessarily like disabling system apps...but it was really messing up my battery life. One of the reasons I moved back to the Nokia devices, is the battery life. So I don't want that aspect negatively impacted by an app I don't use.

I tried updating to the newest version, but it was doing the same. So I got rid of it again. It is interesting that on Android One phones it seems to come pre- installed. On other phones, like Samsung devices, it appears as an option to be downloaded, but it is disabled by default.

Anyways, here is the official description of the app from the Google Play Store:

"Carrier Services enables the latest communication services from mobile carriers, including battery-optimizations and support for enhanced features in the Android Messages app."
    dangerousfen likes this.
    07-31-2019 08:21 PM
    08-12-2019 08:25 AM
    The Nokia is not my main phone (that's a Moto G7 power) but I like to give my main phone a rest now and again. So the Nokia only gets used know and again. Saying that I've been away, so took the Nokia, and it held up pretty well. I'm not a hard user and got a couple of days on a single charge, and that was with an Asus charger. No heating up or drain problems etc.
    08-12-2019 09:33 AM