Nokia have announced that our 7.1's together with the 8.1 & Pureview will be getting Android 10 sometime in September /October.

They are sure keeping their promises and our phones will be one of the first to receive it.

Full marks Nokia.
    08-22-2019 07:50 PM
    Awesome news!
    08-22-2019 08:00 PM
    Nokia have announced that our 7.1's together with the 8.1 & Pureview will be getting Android 10 sometime in September /October.

They are sure keeping their promises and our phones will be one of the first to receive it.

Full marks Nokia.
    Yep. Saw that. Can't wait to try it out! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘โœŒ๏ธ
    08-23-2019 07:48 PM
    Yep. Saw that. Can't wait to try it out!
    Just got to get the hang of those new gestures. Should be fun or trauma.
    08-23-2019 07:58 PM
    Could be good training for when moto (my preferred brand) get their act together and adopt the new gestures.
    08-24-2019 02:58 PM
    Could be good training for when moto (my preferred brand) get their act together and adopt the new gestures.
    Just interested, why is Moto your preferred brand?
    08-25-2019 07:17 AM
    Just interested, why is Moto your preferred brand?
    Bought the moto g7 power back in April 2019 and in June it bust, just died. I had the Nokia 7.1 as a stand in while having the Moto sorted out. The whole family uses moto phones and Lenovo products (tablets etc). I find the nokia a little clunky in comparison to my Motos (YMMV) and the screen size a little too small. With the G7 power I don't need my glasses on to read messages but the nokia being smaller I do.

I do use the Nokia every other weekend or so, so as to update apps or anything else. Funnily enough when I offered it to my daughter to replace her old moto g5, she said "why my moto is still going strong". Strange kid, turning down a new phone.
    08-26-2019 09:58 AM
    Bought the moto g7 power back in April 2019 and in June it bust, just died. I had the Nokia 7.1 as a stand in while having the Moto sorted out. The whole family uses moto phones and Lenovo products (tablets etc). I find the nokia a little clunky in comparison to my Motos (YMMV) and the screen size a little too small. With the G7 power I don't need my glasses on to read messages but the nokia being smaller I do.

I do use the Nokia every other weekend or so, so as to update apps or anything else. Funnily enough when I offered it to my daughter to replace her old moto g5, she said "why my moto is still going strong". Strange kid, turning down a new phone.
    I have to agree with you regarding the screen size. I too have problems reading text without glasses. I have read that the new upgraded 7.2 from Nokia will have a much larger screen plus better internals.
    08-26-2019 12:01 PM

Full marks Nokia.
    Well, it is a lot easier to update when you don't have all the bloat like other companies... which is why I, and others, switched.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    08-28-2019 12:42 PM
    I'm using a N8.1,... Just got my Sept security updates a couple of days ago.. .. Waiting for Android 10 to appear..
    09-13-2019 02:58 AM
    Saw that new Nokia 7.2 and it is a sweet looking device indeed. The greenish colour is awesome (crap...I'm starting to sound like an Apple fanboy). But one thing I will say I'm not a fan of is the camera bump on the back.

I would have preferred if they either placed the now three cameras the same way they did with the 7.1 or moved it to the side like Samsung did with it's A50 midranger, rather than in the upper/central part.

I saw that they also killed the notch in favour of the tear drop thingie... but honestly the notch on the 7.1 doesn't bother me... just look at how horrendous the one on the iPhone is...and they kept it on the 11 line as well...๐Ÿค”...

The only thing is that I've upped to the 7.1 a few months ago and as such I'm not ready to move to the 7.2. Not for a good while anyways. Right now I am really pleased with the 7.1 and I plan sticking with the 7 line or move up to the 8. Regardless, the 7.3 or 7.4 (???) would be the earliest iteration of Nokias I'd purchase. Or whatever the 8 equivalent is.

As of now I'm waiting for Android 10 Quaaludes, and see how that goes.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    09-14-2019 08:07 AM
    I totally agree with you upgrade thought process. I'm thinking along the same lines. After nearly a year, I'm still loving my 7.1 it handles all of my needs and I wouldn't think about an upgrade until this time next year.
    09-14-2019 08:17 PM