Missed Alarm - Has it happened to you?

gmoore114

Jun 18, 2019
Visit site
Nokia 7.1 on pie
Set alarm to go off at 6:40 AM using system clock alarm. The alarm was there in the notification area.
Wife wakes me at 7:30, says, Did you snooze to many times?
No, I heard nothing. Looked at the phone and notifications, Notification says "Missed Alarm".
So, it didn't alarm at all but it left a notification that it didn't. Looked at the alarm setting and it was still there, turned off.
Battery was at 25%, no battery saver turned on.
Access point in next room, always connected to that one. WiFi had ? over the icon and not connected. I say that because that has never happened.
Any guess what happened?

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Nokia 7.1 on pie
Set alarm to go off at 6:40 AM using system clock alarm. The alarm was there in the notification area.
Wife wakes me at 7:30, says, Did you snooze to many times?
No, I heard nothing. Looked at the phone and notifications, Notification says "Missed Alarm".
So, it didn't alarm at all but it left a notification that it didn't. Looked at the alarm setting and it was still there, turned off.
Battery was at 25%, no battery saver turned on.
Access point in next room, always connected to that one. WiFi had ? over the icon and not connected. I say that because that has never happened.
Any guess what happened?

Did you maybe turn "Do Not Disturb" on? If so that may deter the alarm from sounding even if you set it. But you can tweak "Do Not Disturb" and set it so that it mutes only the notifications and phone calls, you still get them but without the sound, but you can have the alarm sound regardless...

If you didn't turn "Do Not Disturb" on then make sure that the sound is enabled. The sound has four different/separate settings: media volume, call volume, ring volume and alarm volume (which is the one you need to be turned on, preferably at a high enough level)

If it's more than that then maybe it's something wrong with the software and you'd have to contact Google, or the handset then it's HMD Global/Nokia you'd have to get in touch with.

PS *** Also since the phone only has the single speaker at the bottom, make sure that nothing obstructs it, so that the sound doesn't get cancelled or muffled.

***Also if you go to the clock app, you will see that you have several options on how the alarm will sound it can be low, loud or increasing from low to loud.

***There is now an option where you can also use Google Assistant to wake you (I think you can even connect your phone with the Google Home Mini and other similar stuff like Amazon Echo etc.)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay