Android 10?

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm still waiting for it in the UK. Nice to know some of you guys are now receiving 10.

Tony, did you get your contact sync to work?

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
From what I have read, Android 10 should be coming to the Nokia 7.1 Q4 2019.
Anyone else getting anxious? I know we have a few weeks left but hoping for an early Christmas present.

Oh crap .. I just got mine.... Should I, shouldn't I...LOL...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for it in the UK. Nice to know some of you guys are now receiving 10.

Tony, did you get your contact sync to work?

Not really. I use google for personal and outlook for work.
Google no issues.
So the outlook contacts sync to the device and I can get to them through the people/contacts app. However, if you search for them in that app or textra, messages, etc. they cannot be found or say invalid contact. I reset the device twice, and even did a restore from a backup through google.
Nada. Driving me nuts.

So I may just turn off contact sync in outlook and add my work account to the gmail app.
Then I would just use outlook for work email since I like how it handles folders better, and then keep the contacts and calendar as part of gmail.

Anybody have any ideas?
It's driving me nuts and I may use the device that as Pie on it and use it if I cannot get this to work. Apparently it's an issue with the Pixels too when 10 was released.

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Go for it, be brave like our two renegades above.

Well...got it...but it looks the same as before and the pill and back arrow are still at the bottom...where is the all swipe stuff!

The one thing....ohhhhh...I immediately enabled the dark setting... uhhhhhhhhhhh...all the apps...dark...my poor eyes are thankful...

My battery went from 87% to 82% during the download, installation and restart... let's see how it holds up...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well...got it...but it looks the same as before and the pill and back arrow are still at the bottom...where is the all swipe stuff!

The one thing....ohhhhh...I immediately enabled the dark setting... uhhhhhhhhhhh...all the apps...dark...my poor eyes are thankful...

My battery went from 87% to 82% during the download, installation and restart... let's see how it holds up...

Swipe between the arrow and the pill. Swipe to the right.

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Nah. You have to enable the "All Gestures" setting by yourself. Now you will see that there are three settings available, instead of two like on Android 9 Pie.

You have the classic Android navigation buttons, the pill and back arrow and the new Android 10 getures. (You have to go to "System" in the Settings" to find the gestures, the shortcut to gestures that you could get when pressing directly on the home screen is fine.)

And if your Security Patch has gone back to the November 2019 one (happened to me) go back to Systems and check your software update. The December Security Patch is there and you'll have to download it separately.

And yes, so far my battery appears to be going much faster...

As for the system wide Dark Mode, my Gmail and Google feeds are not yet supported so they are still white/light...

Last edited:

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
The weird thing I've seen is that the overall Security Patch for the phone says November 1, 2019...but the Google Play System security patch says December 1, 2019...

Oh and now the Power Button besides "Power Off", "Lockdown", "Restart" and "Screen Shot" has added another feature "Emergency" that when pressed automatically dials whatever emergency services you have...

Last edited:

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Now both Gmail and the Google Feeds have turned dark as well...

I've also enabled the full gestures settings... freaking weird. I might stick with the pill and arrow for a bit longer...LOL...

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
I've been watching all night here in the UK and am feeling jealous. I really want to get "Dangerous " with this update. Haha.

One thing that sucks is that if you enable the full gestures, you can no longer swipe the drawer app menus...if you swipe from the left hand side like before (with the Android Central app for example) you just get an back arrow ( < ) like that and it either takes you to the previous screen or the app shuts down. It's annoying...

Going back to the two button gestures for now...

As for the battery life, I can't tell yet. Have to charge and use for a day or so before I'll get a fuller picture.

Last edited:

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
One thing that sucks is that if you enable the full gestures, you can no longer swipe the drawer app menus...if you swipe from the left hand side like before (with the Android Central app for example) you just get an back arrow ( < ) like that and the app shuts down. It's annoying...

Going back to the two button gestures for now...

As for the battery life, I can't tell yet. Have to charge and use for a day or so before I'll get a fuller picture.
Well, it's good to have the choice.

Keep us posted re your battery.