Android 10?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No I haven't T.

Maybe I've got it wrong but I assumed that the home swipe would take you back to the main home screen. If I'm in an app it always takes me back to the home screen that I came from, not the home screen with the clock and date. Subsequent swipes then merely bring up the app drawer.

Have I misunderstood the behavior of this action?
To get back to the home screen is a flick up. Don't hold your finger on the screen.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
To get back to the home screen is a flick up. Don't hold your finger on the screen.
That's exactly what I'm doing but once it's at the 2nd or 3rd home screen it only pulls up the app drawer.

I would try uninstalling Nova but I don't really want to go through the hassle of setting it all back up again.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm doing but once it's at the 2nd or 3rd home screen it only pulls up the app drawer.

I would try uninstalling Nova but I don't really want to go through the hassle of setting it all back up again.

I only have one home screen so I didn’t understand your issue. Made a second one and now I see. Maybe that’s just how it’s set up to work.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I only have one home screen so I didn’t understand your issue. Made a second one and now I see. Maybe that’s just how it’s set up to work.
Thanks T. So maybe it's not just me then. It is odd, as all the previous OS's had the feature where the first home button press took you back and the second press returned you to main home (with clock and date) screen.

Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Thanks again for you help.

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Thanks T. So maybe it's not just me then. It is odd, as all the previous OS's had the feature where the first home button press took you back and the second press returned you to main home (with clock and date) screen.

Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Thanks again for you help.

Actually you are right. Unlike Oreo and Pie, where you clicked the round ( Three Button Navigation-Oreo) or pill (Two Button Navigation-Pie) button which took you automatically to the home screen, Android 10 doesn't currently have that option, not that I can see. In order to return to the home screen you have to swipe back to it...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't noticed any alternative...

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Actually you are right. Unlike Oreo and Pie, where you clicked the round ( Three Button Navigation-Oreo) or pill (Two Button Navigation-Pie) button which took you automatically to the home screen, Android 10 doesn't currently have that option, not that I can see. In order to return to the home screen you have to swipe back to it...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't noticed any alternative...
Yes, I've now spent a great deal of time looking into this and there is no alternative.

I have also checked many other threads regarding 10 and am quite surprised no one else has pointed this out.

It's not really a biggy but it is bloody annoying.

Edit: If you set Quickstep back to two button navigation it works the same as Pie.

Last edited: