02-16-2020 07:45 PM
51 123
tools
    That would confirm why it dropped back to November.

I guess I'll have to wait now and see if anything happens in the next few weeks, if not, I'll get back onto Nokia.

Thanks again for your assistance.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-02-2020 03:14 PM
    That would confirm why it dropped back to November.

I guess I'll have to wait now and see if anything happens in the next few weeks, if not, I'll get back onto Nokia.

Thanks again for your assistance.
    Hope it gets figured out soon
    dangerousfen likes this.
    02-03-2020 11:50 AM
    Hope it gets figured out soon
    Thanks kbz.

Just love the way they've adhered to their promise of guaranteed monthly updates.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-03-2020 12:50 PM
    Thanks kbz.

Just love the way they've adhered to their promise of guaranteed monthly updates.
    Haven't had mine for long but so far so good. First phone I've had where it actually gets them monthly or close to that.
    02-03-2020 01:08 PM
    Thanks kbz.

I’m not totally convinced it’s a Nokia issue. It only seems to be happening in certain regions and certain carriers. It doesn’t make sense that the rest of the world would have it and Nokia wouldn’t let you. There’s a glitch somewhere which is beyond my knowledge.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-03-2020 02:30 PM
    I’m not totally convinced it’s a Nokia issue. It only seems to be happening in certain regions and certain carriers. It doesn’t make sense that the rest of the world would have it and Nokia wouldn’t let you. There’s a glitch somewhere which is beyond my knowledge.
    I understand what your saying T, but come even Nokia Care told me that I have the correct update for my region?
    02-03-2020 03:13 PM
    I understand what your saying T, but come even Nokia Care told me that I have the correct update for my region?
    That’s the thing, it keeps coming back to a region. Why would one region be left out?
    Maybe someone will come along with a better understanding of this and explain it to us.
    02-03-2020 05:26 PM
    That’s the thing, it keeps coming back to a region. Why would one region be left out?
    Maybe someone will come along with a better understanding of this and explain it to us.
    As I said earlier, I'll give it a couple of weeks and then I will come on a bit stronger with NC. I will request reasons and explanations as per your earlier posts. Heres hoping.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-03-2020 05:37 PM
    Having carried out further research, I can confirm what Tgeek posted earlier. It certainly seems as though this update issue is confined to UK users as many are complaining about the fact that no further updates have occured since November.

This leads me to believe that the problem is related to the Android 10 update. This was also region specific and included the November security patch. It's the only common factor that I can think of that could affect UK users only.

The issue now is, what to do about it. Nokia don't appear to want to help or are trying to dismiss it.

What do you guys think? Am I just getting paranoid?
    02-04-2020 02:52 PM
    Having carried out further research, I can confirm what Tgeek posted earlier. It certainly seems as though this update issue is confined to UK users as many are complaining about the fact that no further updates have occured since November.

This leads me to believe that the problem is related to the Android 10 update. This was also region specific and included the November security patch. It's the only common factor that I can think of that could affect UK users only.

The issue now is, what to do about it. Nokia don't appear to want to help or are trying to dismiss it.

What do you guys think? Am I just getting paranoid?
    Well, you got Android 10 so that’s good. What you’re missing is the security patches.
    Do I think security patches are important? Yes
    Do I think the person using the device and how they keep it safe is more important? Yes
    I’d say give it some more time. There has to be a fix coming. Everything was working well until your 10 update.
    dangerousfen and kbz1960 like this.
    02-04-2020 04:12 PM
    Well, you got Android 10 so that’s good. What you’re missing is the security patches.
    Do I think security patches are important? Yes
    Do I think the person using the device and how they keep it safe is more important? Yes
    I’d say give it some more time. There has to be a fix coming. Everything was working well until your 10 update.
    Agree to give more time.
    02-05-2020 12:32 PM
    On T-Mobile in the US, got January patch Monday. Depends on where you are.
    02-05-2020 08:47 PM
    On T-Mobile in the US, got January patch Monday. Depends on where you are.
    Yes, I guess you have because this problem appear to only affect the UK.
    02-06-2020 05:56 AM
    Strange. I'm still getting my security patches on a regular basis...both for the device and the Google Play System...
    raycpl likes this.
    02-11-2020 07:01 PM
    Strange. I'm still getting my security patches on a regular basis...both for the device and the Google Play System...
    Where are you based? I'm still crying here.
    02-11-2020 07:13 PM
    Same here, for my Nokia8.1.
    I updated January patch in mid January..
    02-12-2020 04:28 AM
    YYYEEEESSSSSS, guess what, I actually received the December security patch today. Well, it's a start I suppose.

18.3mb and strangely there was no Nokia jingle on the restart. All seems to be working ok

Now hoping for the January patch. It's been a long wait.

Thanks guys for all your support along the way.

Alan.

EDIT:
    Within half an hour after the December patch arrived the January patch also came down.

So I guess I'm back on track now.

kbz1960 and TgeekB like this.
    02-12-2020 05:26 AM
    YYYEEEESSSSSS, guess what, I actually received the December security patch today. Well, it's a start I suppose.

18.3mb and strangely there was no Nokia jingle on the restart. All seems to be working ok

Alan.

EDIT:
    Within half an hour after the December patch arrived the January patch also came down.

Great!
    dangerousfen likes this.
    02-12-2020 12:26 PM

Alan.

EDIT:

Woohoo!
    Great patience! Glad it (they) finally came. Now you are caught up with the rest of us.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    02-12-2020 01:58 PM
    Woohoo!
    Great patience! Glad it (they) finally came. Now you are caught up with the rest of us.
    02-12-2020 03:01 PM
    Woohoo!
    Hi T,

I can only think that there must have been an issue with the December update for UK devices (TA-1100) which has finally been resolved. Hence the immediate follow up with the January update.

Anyway, whatever, I'm a happy camper now.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-12-2020 08:07 PM
    Hi T,

I can only think that there must have been an issue with the December update for UK devices (TA-1100) which has finally been resolved. Hence the immediate follow up with the January update.

Anyway, whatever, I'm a happy camper now.
    I think you’re right. Figured it had to be worked out eventually.
    Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    02-12-2020 08:30 PM
    https://nokiamob.net/2020/02/16/noki...#disqus_thread

Interesting read.
    I know there’s not a lot of on here using the 7.1 but is anyone having any issues?
    I haven’t seen any of these on mine.
    02-16-2020 05:38 PM
    https://nokiamob.net/2020/02/16/noki...#disqus_thread

Interesting read.
    I know there’s not a lot of on here using the 7.1 but is anyone having any issues?
    I haven’t seen any of these on mine.
    If you look at the Nokia support forums, and especially the 7.1 forum, you will find many of the issues mentioned in the above document.

I certainly haven't experienced any of the problems (except for the obvious) but I guess it tends to only be the users with problems that bother to post. What the percentage of those are compared to the total users of the 7.1 is probably quite small.

I do think that HMD Global push too many models out to the market which must be difficult to manage.
    02-16-2020 07:33 PM
    Haven't noticed any so far
    02-16-2020 07:39 PM
51 123