Security Patches? What's happening?

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Since the 10 update I'm still stuck on 1st November security patch. It's now 23rd January and zilch, nowt, nothing.

Have any of you had any further updates?

Nokia seem to be falling back on their promises.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
On December, just checked and download January, need to reboot.
55f1690421092bc37dfab92767e26eff.jpg

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Vodaphone UK but it was purchased factory unlocked from CPW so the carrier surely should be irrelevant.

It has to be something to do with Vodafone though because the update does come through them to you. Otherwise none of us would get it.
I did a quick Google search and find other people complaining about not getting updates in the past in the UK. EE, Vodafone, etc.
Do you have access to a different sim? I have heard before that switching sims, rebooting your phone, and then switching back can somehow release a “stuck” update.
Other than that I’m not sure what else you can do.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
It has to be something to do with Vodafone though because the update does come through them to you. Otherwise none of us would get it.
I did a quick Google search and find other people complaining about not getting updates in the past in the UK. EE, Vodafone, etc.
Do you have access to a different sim? I have heard before that switching sims, rebooting your phone, and then switching back can somehow release a “stuck” update.
Other than that I’m not sure what else you can do.
Thanks for that T.

I do have a "pay as you go" sim in my backup phone. I will try that later. My daughter is with EE but it would be hard to prise that from her hands. (You know what I mean?)

I will report back on that.

Thanks again for your reply.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that T.

I do have a "pay as you go" sim in my backup phone. I will try that later. My daughter is with EE but it would be hard to prise that from her hands. (You know what I mean?)

I will report back on that.

Thanks again for your reply.
UPDATE;

I have now tried the above including my daughters EE SIM card to no avail.

Now, here's the odd answer. I started a chat session with Nokia Care. They checked the build number of my 7.1 and then told me that the November security patch was the latest one for my region.

Doesn't say much for monthly updates does it?

I think a chocolate fire guard would be more useful. I suppose I'll just have to wait now and hope for a future update. They couldn't tell me when that might happen.

Perhaps it's all down to Brexit. Haha.

Alan.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE;

I have now tried the above including my daughters EE SIM card to no avail.

Now, here's the odd answer. I started a chat session with Nokia Care. They checked the build number of my 7.1 and then told me that the November security patch was the latest one for my region.

Doesn't say much for monthly updates does it?

I think a chocolate fire guard would be more useful. I suppose I'll just have to wait now and hope for a future update. They couldn't tell me when that might happen.

Perhaps it's all down to Brexit. Haha.

Alan.

Well, that’s weird. I don’t understand why one particular build would have to wait months while all the others are on January.
Where did you get the phone, Vodafone?

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, that’s weird. I don’t understand why one particular build would have to wait months while all the others are on January.
Where did you get the phone, Vodafone?
No, I don't understand it either. I would have also thought that Nokia are not abiding by their "Android One " contract with Google.

I purchased the phone outright, factory/carrier unlocked from Carphone Warehouse and I am on a "SIM only" contract with Vodafone uk.

I've had the phone for over a year now and never had issues with the updates until now.

Ah, just a thought, I bought it in November 2018. Seems a bit odd that the updates stopped in November 2019. Surely, you should get 3 years security and 2 years OS updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1