Security Patches? What's happening?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't understand it either. I would have also thought that Nokia are not abiding by their "Android One " contract with Google.

I purchased the phone outright, factory/carrier unlocked from Carphone Warehouse and I am on a "SIM only" contract with Vodafone uk.

I've had the phone for over a year now and never had issues with the updates until now.

Ah, just a thought, I bought it in November 2018. Seems a bit odd that the updates stopped in November 2019. Surely, you should get 3 years security and 2 years OS updates.

Absolutely you should get more than 1 year of security updates.
I know they roll out the updates slowly, not all at once, but this is slow as a snail.
What is your model number? We have to get to the bottom of this.

Update: further Google searches for “Nokia updates UK” show this is not a new problem. People have been complaining for a while. They eventually get the updates but much slower than the rest of the world. Not sure if it’s Nokia, the carriers or something else.

Last edited:

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely you should get more than 1 year of security updates.
I know they roll out the updates slowly, not all at once, but this is slow as a snail.
What is your model number? We have to get to the bottom of this.

Update: further Google searches for “Nokia updates UK” show this is not a new problem. People have been complaining for a while. They eventually get the updates but much slower than the rest of the world. Not sure if it’s Nokia, the carriers or something else.
My 7.1 is model number TA-1100

I know from reading our forum that I get updates about 5 to 6 days after you guys but we're looking at 2 months now.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found it odd that I did receive the December security patch and then a week later I received Android 10 update and it was the OS update that pushed the security patch back to November. Since then, nothing.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My 7.1 is model number TA-1100

I know from reading our forum that I get updates about 5 to 6 days after you guys but we're looking at 2 months now.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found it odd that I did receive the December security patch and then a week later I received Android 10 update and it was the OS update that pushed the security patch back to November. Since then, nothing.

I think you need to move.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks kbz.

Just love the way they've adhered to their promise of guaranteed monthly updates.

I’m not totally convinced it’s a Nokia issue. It only seems to be happening in certain regions and certain carriers. It doesn’t make sense that the rest of the world would have it and Nokia wouldn’t let you. There’s a glitch somewhere which is beyond my knowledge.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I’m not totally convinced it’s a Nokia issue. It only seems to be happening in certain regions and certain carriers. It doesn’t make sense that the rest of the world would have it and Nokia wouldn’t let you. There’s a glitch somewhere which is beyond my knowledge.
I understand what your saying T, but come even Nokia Care told me that I have the correct update for my region?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I understand what your saying T, but come even Nokia Care told me that I have the correct update for my region?

That’s the thing, it keeps coming back to a region. Why would one region be left out?
Maybe someone will come along with a better understanding of this and explain it to us.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
That’s the thing, it keeps coming back to a region. Why would one region be left out?
Maybe someone will come along with a better understanding of this and explain it to us.
As I said earlier, I'll give it a couple of weeks and then I will come on a bit stronger with NC. I will request reasons and explanations as per your earlier posts. Heres hoping.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Having carried out further research, I can confirm what Tgeek posted earlier. It certainly seems as though this update issue is confined to UK users as many are complaining about the fact that no further updates have occured since November.

This leads me to believe that the problem is related to the Android 10 update. This was also region specific and included the November security patch. It's the only common factor that I can think of that could affect UK users only.

The issue now is, what to do about it. Nokia don't appear to want to help or are trying to dismiss it.

What do you guys think? Am I just getting paranoid?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Having carried out further research, I can confirm what Tgeek posted earlier. It certainly seems as though this update issue is confined to UK users as many are complaining about the fact that no further updates have occured since November.

This leads me to believe that the problem is related to the Android 10 update. This was also region specific and included the November security patch. It's the only common factor that I can think of that could affect UK users only.

The issue now is, what to do about it. Nokia don't appear to want to help or are trying to dismiss it.

What do you guys think? Am I just getting paranoid?

Well, you got Android 10 so that’s good. What you’re missing is the security patches.
Do I think security patches are important? Yes
Do I think the person using the device and how they keep it safe is more important? Yes
I’d say give it some more time. There has to be a fix coming. Everything was working well until your 10 update.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, you got Android 10 so that’s good. What you’re missing is the security patches.
Do I think security patches are important? Yes
Do I think the person using the device and how they keep it safe is more important? Yes
I’d say give it some more time. There has to be a fix coming. Everything was working well until your 10 update.
Agree to give more time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc