Security Patches? What's happening?

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
YYYEEEESSSSSS, guess what, I actually received the December security patch today. Well, it's a start I suppose.

18.3mb and strangely there was no Nokia jingle on the restart. All seems to be working ok

Now hoping for the January patch. It's been a long wait.

Thanks guys for all your support along the way.

Alan.

EDIT:
Within half an hour after the December patch arrived the January patch also came down.

So I guess I'm back on track now.

Last edited:

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
YYYEEEESSSSSS, guess what, I actually received the December security patch today. Well, it's a start I suppose.

18.3mb and strangely there was no Nokia jingle on the restart. All seems to be working ok

Alan.

EDIT:
Within half an hour after the December patch arrived the January patch also came down.

Great!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Alan.

EDIT:

Woohoo!
Great patience! Glad it (they) finally came. Now you are caught up with the rest of us.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Woohoo!
Great patience! Glad it (they) finally came. Now you are caught up with the rest of us.
Hi T,

I can only think that there must have been an issue with the December update for UK devices (TA-1100) which has finally been resolved. Hence the immediate follow up with the January update.

Anyway, whatever, I'm a happy camper now.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi T,

I can only think that there must have been an issue with the December update for UK devices (TA-1100) which has finally been resolved. Hence the immediate follow up with the January update.

Anyway, whatever, I'm a happy camper now.

I think you’re right. Figured it had to be worked out eventually.
Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
https://nokiamob.net/2020/02/16/nok...ems-with-the-android-10-update/#disqus_thread

Interesting read.
I know there’s not a lot of on here using the 7.1 but is anyone having any issues?
I haven’t seen any of these on mine.
If you look at the Nokia support forums, and especially the 7.1 forum, you will find many of the issues mentioned in the above document.

I certainly haven't experienced any of the problems (except for the obvious) but I guess it tends to only be the users with problems that bother to post. What the percentage of those are compared to the total users of the 7.1 is probably quite small.

I do think that HMD Global push too many models out to the market which must be difficult to manage.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the Nokia support forums, and especially the 7.1 forum, you will find many of the issues mentioned in the above document.

I certainly haven't experienced any of the problems (except for the obvious) but I guess it tends to only be the users with problems that bother to post. What the percentage of those are compared to the total users of the 7.1 is probably quite small.

I do think that HMD Global push too many models out to the market which must be difficult to manage.

I still have contact search problems that are still not addressed. Can only search contacts by first name and not last name, and even then it's hit or miss. Very disappointed in this.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I still have contact search problems that are still not addressed. Can only search contacts by first name and not last name, and even then it's hit or miss. Very disappointed in this.
I'll have to try that Tony because I never search contacts. Ive only got about 55 contacts so I only ever scroll down to find the one I want. I'll let you know.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to try that Tony because I never search contacts. Ive only got about 55 contacts so I only ever scroll down to find the one I want. I'll let you know.
Just tried it Tony and the search works fine for me. First or second name gives the correct result.

Very strange but not the first time I've heard of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC