03-05-2020 04:00 AM
78 123 ...
tools
    Since the 10 update I'm still stuck on 1st November security patch. It's now 23rd January and zilch, nowt, nothing.

Have any of you had any further updates?

Nokia seem to be falling back on their promises.
    01-24-2020 05:41 AM
    My Android 10 update came with December patch
    01-24-2020 05:53 AM
    My Android 10 update came with December patch
    It's really daft because I did receive the December patch and just after that the 10 update came down and dropped the patch back to November.
    01-24-2020 06:53 AM
    I cannot remember the exact order mine came in but I do have the December security patch.
    01-24-2020 08:25 AM
    On December, just checked and download January, need to reboot.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-28-2020 11:48 PM
    I've just checked again and still nothing. Though I normally get them about 3 to 4 days after you guys.

So here's hoping.
    01-29-2020 02:59 AM
    I've just checked again and still nothing. Though I normally get them about 3 to 4 days after you guys.

So here's hoping.
    01-29-2020 07:39 AM
    On December, just checked and download January, need to reboot.
    [IMG=270x570]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200129/55f1690421092bc37dfab92767e26eff.jpg[/url]
    Thanks for the update. Downloading now.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-29-2020 07:49 PM
    Is anyone having battery issues since the update? Mine seems to be much worse..
    01-31-2020 02:17 PM
    Haven't noticed yet
    01-31-2020 02:21 PM
    It seems a reboot helped.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-31-2020 06:39 PM
    It seems a reboot helped.
    Good deal
    01-31-2020 11:35 PM
    Still nothing here re the update. Still stuck at November.
    02-01-2020 07:29 PM
    Still nothing here re the update. Still stuck at November.
    What carrier are you on again?
    02-01-2020 07:36 PM
    Vodaphone UK but it was purchased factory unlocked from CPW so the carrier surely should be irrelevant.
    02-01-2020 07:51 PM
    Vodaphone UK but it was purchased factory unlocked from CPW so the carrier surely should be irrelevant.
    It has to be something to do with Vodafone though because the update does come through them to you. Otherwise none of us would get it.
    I did a quick Google search and find other people complaining about not getting updates in the past in the UK. EE, Vodafone, etc.
    Do you have access to a different sim? I have heard before that switching sims, rebooting your phone, and then switching back can somehow release a “stuck” update.
    Other than that I’m not sure what else you can do.
    Laura Knotek and dangerousfen like this.
    02-01-2020 11:09 PM
    It has to be something to do with Vodafone though because the update does come through them to you. Otherwise none of us would get it.
    I did a quick Google search and find other people complaining about not getting updates in the past in the UK. EE, Vodafone, etc.
    Do you have access to a different sim? I have heard before that switching sims, rebooting your phone, and then switching back can somehow release a “stuck” update.
    Other than that I’m not sure what else you can do.
    Thanks for that T.

I do have a "pay as you go" sim in my backup phone. I will try that later. My daughter is with EE but it would be hard to prise that from her hands. (You know what I mean?)

I will report back on that.

Thanks again for your reply.
    02-02-2020 02:50 AM
    Thanks for that T.

I do have a "pay as you go" sim in my backup phone. I will try that later. My daughter is with EE but it would be hard to prise that from her hands. (You know what I mean?)

I will report back on that.

Thanks again for your reply.
    UPDATE;

I have now tried the above including my daughters EE SIM card to no avail.

Now, here's the odd answer. I started a chat session with Nokia Care. They checked the build number of my 7.1 and then told me that the November security patch was the latest one for my region.

Doesn't say much for monthly updates does it?

I think a chocolate fire guard would be more useful. I suppose I'll just have to wait now and hope for a future update. They couldn't tell me when that might happen.

Perhaps it's all down to Brexit. Haha.

Alan.
    02-02-2020 10:28 AM
    UPDATE;

I have now tried the above including my daughters EE SIM card to no avail.

Now, here's the odd answer. I started a chat session with Nokia Care. They checked the build number of my 7.1 and then told me that the November security patch was the latest one for my region.

Doesn't say much for monthly updates does it?

I think a chocolate fire guard would be more useful. I suppose I'll just have to wait now and hope for a future update. They couldn't tell me when that might happen.

Perhaps it's all down to Brexit. Haha.

Alan.
    Well, that’s weird. I don’t understand why one particular build would have to wait months while all the others are on January.
    Where did you get the phone, Vodafone?
    02-02-2020 11:01 AM
    Well, that’s weird. I don’t understand why one particular build would have to wait months while all the others are on January.
    Where did you get the phone, Vodafone?
    No, I don't understand it either. I would have also thought that Nokia are not abiding by their "Android One " contract with Google.

I purchased the phone outright, factory/carrier unlocked from Carphone Warehouse and I am on a "SIM only" contract with Vodafone uk.

I've had the phone for over a year now and never had issues with the updates until now.

Ah, just a thought, I bought it in November 2018. Seems a bit odd that the updates stopped in November 2019. Surely, you should get 3 years security and 2 years OS updates.
    02-02-2020 12:15 PM
    No, I don't understand it either. I would have also thought that Nokia are not abiding by their "Android One " contract with Google.

I purchased the phone outright, factory/carrier unlocked from Carphone Warehouse and I am on a "SIM only" contract with Vodafone uk.

I've had the phone for over a year now and never had issues with the updates until now.

Ah, just a thought, I bought it in November 2018. Seems a bit odd that the updates stopped in November 2019. Surely, you should get 3 years security and 2 years OS updates.
    Absolutely you should get more than 1 year of security updates.
    I know they roll out the updates slowly, not all at once, but this is slow as a snail.
    What is your model number? We have to get to the bottom of this.

Update: further Google searches for “Nokia updates UK” show this is not a new problem. People have been complaining for a while. They eventually get the updates but much slower than the rest of the world. Not sure if it’s Nokia, the carriers or something else.
    02-02-2020 12:19 PM
    Absolutely you should get more than 1 year of security updates.
    I know they roll out the updates slowly, not all at once, but this is slow as a snail.
    What is your model number? We have to get to the bottom of this.

Update: further Google searches for “Nokia updates UK” show this is not a new problem. People have been complaining for a while. They eventually get the updates but much slower than the rest of the world. Not sure if it’s Nokia, the carriers or something else.
    My 7.1 is model number TA-1100

I know from reading our forum that I get updates about 5 to 6 days after you guys but we're looking at 2 months now.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found it odd that I did receive the December security patch and then a week later I received Android 10 update and it was the OS update that pushed the security patch back to November. Since then, nothing.
    02-02-2020 12:49 PM
    My 7.1 is model number TA-1100

I know from reading our forum that I get updates about 5 to 6 days after you guys but we're looking at 2 months now.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found it odd that I did receive the December security patch and then a week later I received Android 10 update and it was the OS update that pushed the security patch back to November. Since then, nothing.
    I think you need to move.
    02-02-2020 01:02 PM
    I think you need to move.
    What, to another country or to another phone?

Phone would be cheaper me thinks.
    Lol.
    02-02-2020 01:22 PM
    02-02-2020 01:29 PM
78 123 ...