Random rebooting

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Like Javier P, I'd still wonder about the cell signal, even though it's the same cell signal you've always had. Can you try turning on Airplane Mode, then turning wi-fi back on, and using it that way for a while? This would not be to look for the random reboots, but rather to see if the phone doesn't get so warm. (If the phone were to get excessively warm, that could force a shutdown or reboot, so that's why it's still reasonable to look into this issue.)

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Like Javier P, I'd still wonder about the cell signal, even though it's the same cell signal you've always had. Can you try turning on Airplane Mode, then turning wi-fi back on, and using it that way for a while? This would not be to look for the random reboots, but rather to see if the phone doesn't get so warm. (If the phone were to get excessively warm, that could force a shutdown or reboot, so that's why it's still reasonable to look into this issue.)
Will do, the wifi here sucks though. Slow as he double toothpicks. Have to go to work soon.

Although I charged it, wasn't hot. After charge was fine, now that I'm using Tapatalk again, heating up.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have restored to factory and didn't restore any backup. So the pain of setting everything again. It got warm/hot of course while downloading and updating everything. Didn't have much time to use it after all that.

So far this morning, not much use yet it seems fine, will know more later. I haven't used two apps yet that I had suspicions of, one of them being tapatalk. If all seems well after awhile I'll try one at a time.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Well, I have restored to factory and didn't restore any backup. So the pain of setting everything again. It got warm/hot of course while downloading and updating everything. Didn't have much time to use it after all that.

So far this morning, not much use yet it seems fine, will know more later. I haven't used two apps yet that I had suspicions of, one of them being tapatalk. If all seems well after awhile I'll try one at a time.

After all that trouble I give tapabug das boot... and wouldn't think twice about it.
Is worth another reload?
You never found what the cause was on the first load...

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Only guess I have is something stuck, bad process or goofed up setting

Most like a setting or 3rd party app.
Badly designed apps can leave buried or even inaccessible systems settings toggle on even retain them when uninstall.
Saw it with the Goggle book reading app; had to reload it to toggle off it's blue light setting.
Seen more than one bugware google apk/updates...:(

Keep an eye on what you load and/or what triggers it if it happens again... must be the season of the witch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey