ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
My 7.1 should suffice for another year. I would likely get the pixel 3a if buying today. The 7.2 should have gone with a better cpu. Competing with pixel camera is out so a faster cpu could have been a differentiator.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded. loved the 7.1 but the 7.2 in cyan green with 128 gb of storage, better CPU, bigger and better screen was a no brainier for me. really liking it so far.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded. loved the 7.1 but the 7.2 in cyan green with 128 gb of storage, better CPU, bigger and better screen was a no brainier for me. really liking it so far.
I bet that Cyan Green looks even better in person! So glad you are liking it so far! Please post a photo of it if you can!

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
How is the camera? Is it much better than the 7.1?

So far much better. I was using GCam on the 7.1. but don't necessarily feel the need to do that just yet on my 7.2. Portrait mode (outdoors) blew me away. I've yet to test night mode / low light however but so far I'm really happy with the camera on the 7.2.

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
I got a new 7 Plus in a sale in June and the SD660 is a cracking soc, despite being 14nm and 2 years old, efficiency is monumentally impressive with a 3800 mah battery.
So if you can get the 7.2 at roughly 220 pounds it's a great bargain with a reasonably big 3500 mah battery and a classy build.
I should get Android 10 on mine though patches around the 15th of the month will dry up in a few months for me, but this 7.2 will obviously go on much further.

Horses for courses, but even with the new Moto G8 Plus landing here, I'd go with this if you're moving up.
A sideways 7.1 to a 7.2 meh (I was never fond of the 7.1 styling) ....it's better but cost to change would be key.

I had 3 Moto's and 2 Galaxy's but think my 7 Plus is best.

anon(10622733)

Dec 27, 2019
Visit site
There seems to be quite a few ex BlackBerry users moving over to Nokia. Just take a look at the 7.1 forums.
In all appearances the relationship with TCL (Manufacturer) and BlackBerry is dissolving and there are no more PKB Key series phones coming so it's time to move on. No more security updates and we are stuck on Oreo. I do like the BlackBerry Hub and will install it from the PlayStore as well as load the BlackBerry VKB to the Nokia 7.2.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
In all appearances the relationship with TCL (Manufacturer) and BlackBerry is dissolving and there are no more PKB Key series phones coming so it's time to move on. No more security updates and we are stuck on Oreo. I do like the BlackBerry Hub and will install it from the PlayStore as well as load the BlackBerry VKB to the Nokia 7.2.
I know what the situation is as I was with BlackBerry from 2008 until 2017 and still visit Crackberry regularly to catch up on the goss.

I use the BlackBerry suite on my 7.1 as I could never give up the keyboard and password keeper. I don't bother with the hub anymore though.

Enjoy your new Nokia. I've had mine for over a year now and still love it.

ALToronto

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Another KeyOne user here, considering a switch. Will I be happy with the 7.2, or should I be looking at the 8 series? I looked at 9, and I have no need for 5 rear cameras.

anon(10622733)

Dec 27, 2019
Visit site
Another KeyOne user here, considering a switch. Will I be happy with the 7.2, or should I be looking at the 8 series? I looked at 9, and I have no need for 5 rear cameras.

The number system that Nokia uses is a little strange. For instance the 8 is a 2 year old phone whereas the 7.2 was just recently released. On top of that a lot of the models are not friendly with Canadian carriers with the International versions usually only half of the frequency bands that are used in Canada.

The 7.2 supports the Canadian bands but only if you buy the Canadian version (TA1178). Steer clear of the International Version (TA1196) that you will find on Amazon and such. Right now you can get the 7.2 Canadian version for $450 CAD at bestbuy.ca.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta