Nokia 7 Plus a mediocre device

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
After the success of Nokia 6 and 8, Nokia launched 7 plus, another mediocre device. They could have made it in the league of awesome Nokia 8 Sirocco

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm disappointed as well. I'm hoping they will release other new devices that are high-end with great cameras.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
The 7 Plus will surely replace my Moto Z Play, it has stock android, fast updates(Android One), new chipset , headphone jack, pretty good cameras, big battery, i live in Europe and it will surely be released here, at 400 EURO i can't find a better replacement at this price. There are other alternatives at higher prices,not sure why are you complaining LOL

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the 7 plus looks like a fantastic device and I'm extremely disappointed that it won't be coming to the US!

Joe920

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
After the success of Nokia 6 and 8, Nokia launched 7 plus, another mediocre device. They could have made it in the league of awesome Nokia 8 Sirocco
What do you think makes it 'mediocre'? It looks pretty darned good to me. The only negatives I could come up with are these:

Slower CPU (~15% slower than a SD835)
Not waterproof
No wireless charging
Single speaker
No optical image stabilization

Am I overlooking any other negatives?

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to hear others thoughts on this phone. I'm in the market to replace my moto g4 plus and liking the look of this. I've been generally happy with the g4 plus but also had some niggles (mainly support from motorola wasn't great and only 1 year warranty). I'm not a flagship kind of guy.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
It's only mediocre if you look at it as a flagship phone, which this is not as that's why the Nokia 8 exists.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Why would they make it the same league as the 8 Sirocco? This is like saying that the Galaxy A8 is mediocre, should have been S8 level. Or the Moto G is mediocre, should have been same level as Moto Z. You see the problem?

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Why would they make it the same league as the 8 Sirocco? This is like saying that the Galaxy A8 is mediocre, should have been S8 level. Or the Moto G is mediocre, should have been same level as Moto Z. You see the problem?

Exactly, for what it is this is a fantastic device. OK, it's not for everyone but it's still a decent choice.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
i am curious what the down-side to importing the Chinese variant would be - it supports two of AT&T's LTE bands>
When I looked a week ago it only supported one T-Mobile band so that doesn't work for me. I think you could potentially have gaps in speed and coverage.

Christopher Oates

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
What do you think makes it 'mediocre'? It looks pretty darned good to me. The only negatives I could come up with are these:

Slower CPU (~15% slower than a SD835)
Not waterproof
No wireless charging
Single speaker
No optical image stabilization

Am I overlooking any other negatives?

Dick Teytor

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Why would someone want to do that? They try to create top devices in each category. The 7 plus clearly has top ratings in the middle priced segment. If you aim for the top segment try and get the Scirocco. What a d..b comment. Btw - I have a Nokia 7 plus. It is awesome, it looks spectacular, it fully suits my needs, and it is reasonably priced. Plus, I have always the actual Android Version. Long lasting battery, headphone jack, reasonably good camera - everything I expect from a great device.

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Very interested in this phone. I currently have the Huawei Mate 9 (bought on Amazon for $450) and I'm looking to upgrade. Love the idea of stock android, as I came from the Moto X PE. Thinking of the Mate 10 Pro but I'm tired of the software and want a phone with good updates and as close to stock android as possible (plus a big battery). Is this phone good enough?

sfrost72

May 14, 2018
Visit site
I have to agree with chimpboy74 the battery last a full day on heavy use, updates are fast and security updates too.
for the price the phone is brilliant the camera is good.
downside the screen can scratch fairly easily so a screen protector is needed

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Why would someone want to do that? They try to create top devices in each category. The 7 plus clearly has top ratings in the middle priced segment. If you aim for the top segment try and get the Scirocco. What a d..b comment. Btw - I have a Nokia 7 plus. It is awesome, it looks spectacular, it fully suits my needs, and it is reasonably priced. Plus, I have always the actual Android Version. Long lasting battery, headphone jack, reasonably good camera - everything I expect from a great device.

Yet the only real difference between the Sirocco and the Nokia 8 is the extra 2GB of RAM, aside from that the Nokia 8 is the better device especially camera wise.

Last edited:

melhiore

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to hear others thoughts on this phone. I'm in the market to replace my moto g4 plus and liking the look of this. I've been generally happy with the g4 plus but also had some niggles (mainly support from motorola wasn't great and only 1 year warranty). I'm not a flagship kind of guy.

Same here. It is time for me to upgrade from another device that is no longer what I need/expect/want. Hehe, had G4 Plus, sold it, got BB Motion. Now I want the phone with pure Android. So Nokia 7 Plus seem to be very good choice...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21