01-15-2019 03:36 PM
43 12
tools
    After the success of Nokia 6 and 8, Nokia launched 7 plus, another mediocre device. They could have made it in the league of awesome Nokia 8 Sirocco
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-28-2018 02:38 AM
    I'm disappointed as well. I'm hoping they will release other new devices that are high-end with great cameras.
    maverick786us and Guytronic like this.
    02-28-2018 02:46 AM
    The 7 Plus will surely replace my Moto Z Play, it has stock android, fast updates(Android One), new chipset , headphone jack, pretty good cameras, big battery, i live in Europe and it will surely be released here, at 400 EURO i can't find a better replacement at this price. There are other alternatives at higher prices,not sure why are you complaining LOL
    02-28-2018 05:31 AM
    I think the 7 plus looks like a fantastic device and I'm extremely disappointed that it won't be coming to the US!
    neo158 and maverick786us like this.
    02-28-2018 05:37 AM
    After the success of Nokia 6 and 8, Nokia launched 7 plus, another mediocre device. They could have made it in the league of awesome Nokia 8 Sirocco
    What do you think makes it 'mediocre'? It looks pretty darned good to me. The only negatives I could come up with are these:

Slower CPU (~15% slower than a SD835)
    Not waterproof
    No wireless charging
    Single speaker
    No optical image stabilization

Am I overlooking any other negatives?
    neo158 and Orangejuicizzle like this.
    02-28-2018 11:19 AM
    I'd like to hear others thoughts on this phone. I'm in the market to replace my moto g4 plus and liking the look of this. I've been generally happy with the g4 plus but also had some niggles (mainly support from motorola wasn't great and only 1 year warranty). I'm not a flagship kind of guy.
    neo158 and melhiore like this.
    03-05-2018 02:46 PM
    It's only mediocre if you look at it as a flagship phone, which this is not as that's why the Nokia 8 exists.
    Joe920 likes this.
    03-06-2018 09:13 AM
    Why would they make it the same league as the 8 Sirocco? This is like saying that the Galaxy A8 is mediocre, should have been S8 level. Or the Moto G is mediocre, should have been same level as Moto Z. You see the problem?
    03-06-2018 09:40 AM
    Why would they make it the same league as the 8 Sirocco? This is like saying that the Galaxy A8 is mediocre, should have been S8 level. Or the Moto G is mediocre, should have been same level as Moto Z. You see the problem?
    Exactly, for what it is this is a fantastic device. OK, it's not for everyone but it's still a decent choice.
    03-06-2018 11:14 AM
    I think the 7 plus looks like a fantastic device and I'm extremely disappointed that it won't be coming to the US!
    i am curious what the down-side to importing the Chinese variant would be - it supports two of AT&T's LTE bands>
    03-08-2018 06:21 PM
    i am curious what the down-side to importing the Chinese variant would be - it supports two of AT&T's LTE bands>
    When I looked a week ago it only supported one T-Mobile band so that doesn't work for me. I think you could potentially have gaps in speed and coverage.
    03-08-2018 07:09 PM
    So, is this thing ever coming to USA?
    05-10-2018 09:52 PM
    What do you think makes it 'mediocre'? It looks pretty darned good to me. The only negatives I could come up with are these:

Slower CPU (~15% slower than a SD835)
    Not waterproof
    No wireless charging
    Single speaker
    No optical image stabilization

Am I overlooking any other negatives?
    05-14-2018 03:56 AM
    Yes, it has a terrible headphone jack.
    05-14-2018 03:57 AM
    Why would someone want to do that? They try to create top devices in each category. The 7 plus clearly has top ratings in the middle priced segment. If you aim for the top segment try and get the Scirocco. What a d..b comment. Btw - I have a Nokia 7 plus. It is awesome, it looks spectacular, it fully suits my needs, and it is reasonably priced. Plus, I have always the actual Android Version. Long lasting battery, headphone jack, reasonably good camera - everything I expect from a great device.
    melhiore likes this.
    05-26-2018 09:10 AM
    Very interested in this phone. I currently have the Huawei Mate 9 (bought on Amazon for $450) and I'm looking to upgrade. Love the idea of stock android, as I came from the Moto X PE. Thinking of the Mate 10 Pro but I'm tired of the software and want a phone with good updates and as close to stock android as possible (plus a big battery). Is this phone good enough?
    06-19-2018 06:57 AM
    well I've had 2 updates since UK launch. battery easily lasts a full day even with heavy use
    06-20-2018 04:00 PM
    I have to agree with chimpboy74 the battery last a full day on heavy use, updates are fast and security updates too.
    for the price the phone is brilliant the camera is good.
    downside the screen can scratch fairly easily so a screen protector is needed
    06-22-2018 05:51 AM
    Why would someone want to do that? They try to create top devices in each category. The 7 plus clearly has top ratings in the middle priced segment. If you aim for the top segment try and get the Scirocco. What a d..b comment. Btw - I have a Nokia 7 plus. It is awesome, it looks spectacular, it fully suits my needs, and it is reasonably priced. Plus, I have always the actual Android Version. Long lasting battery, headphone jack, reasonably good camera - everything I expect from a great device.
    Yet the only real difference between the Sirocco and the Nokia 8 is the extra 2GB of RAM, aside from that the Nokia 8 is the better device especially camera wise.
    06-22-2018 03:56 PM
    I'd like to hear others thoughts on this phone. I'm in the market to replace my moto g4 plus and liking the look of this. I've been generally happy with the g4 plus but also had some niggles (mainly support from motorola wasn't great and only 1 year warranty). I'm not a flagship kind of guy.
    Same here. It is time for me to upgrade from another device that is no longer what I need/expect/want. Hehe, had G4 Plus, sold it, got BB Motion. Now I want the phone with pure Android. So Nokia 7 Plus seem to be very good choice...
    07-02-2018 02:45 PM
    Same here. It is time for me to upgrade from another device that is no longer what I need/expect/want. Hehe, had G4 Plus, sold it, got BB Motion. Now I want the phone with pure Android. So Nokia 7 Plus seem to be very good choice...
    Well I'm very happy with it. Sure there may be slightly better cameras out there but the battery life is phenomenal. And, for the first time ever I was asked about my phone when I was in a shop today as it caught the shop assistants eye when I was paying. Never had that with any other phone. Ever.
    melhiore likes this.
    07-03-2018 10:49 AM
    Yet the only real difference between the Sirocco and the Nokia is the extra 2GB of RAM, aside from that the Nokia 8 is the better device especially camera wise.
    Well then - go ahead and buy a Nokia 8 Scirocco. I still don't get the point. To complain that an excellent middle class phone doesn't have the specs of a more expensive top device seems to be a somewhat irrelevant comment.
    07-10-2018 12:48 PM
    Well then - go ahead and buy a Nokia 8 Scirocco. I still don't get the point. To complain that an excellent middle class phone doesn't have the specs of a more expensive top device seems to be a somewhat irrelevant comment.
    Don't need to as I already have a Nokia 8 and I never complained about the Nokia 7 not having flagship specs, reread my comment and stop trying to put words in my mouth!!!!!!
    07-10-2018 07:01 PM
    Don't need to as I already have a Nokia 8 and I never complained about the Nokia 7 not having flagship specs, reread my comment and stop trying to put words in my mouth!!!!!!
    Sorry, didn't mean to put any words in YOUR mouth. That was meant for maverick786's initial comment - which still seems senseless to me
    07-11-2018 10:52 PM
    In what way is it terrible?
    08-26-2018 09:26 AM
43 12