How good are Nokia for software updates on their phones?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm seriously thinking about buying the new Nokia 7 plus.

My first choice would have been the Sony XZ2 Premium but I've read that it's not going to be released in the UK?
So my next choice is the Nokia.

I've not owned a Nokia since the good old days with snake. And my last 2 phones have been a Sony Z5 and a Lenovo P2. So I have no idea how reliable Nokia are?

Now I know it's an AndroidOne phone. And that means regular and consistent Security updates and OS updates. BUT! it's Nokia who are responsible for actual software updates. So I need to know from current Nokia users, is there regular and/or consistent software updates (ie bug fixes and improvements ect)

Thank you in advance

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I would say better than most manufacturers. The Nokia 7 Plus got the may security patch, and my mom's Nokia 5 has been running android 8.1 for a while now, and it just got the may security patch too. It has been getting monthly security patches as far as I can remember.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The new Nokias are Google One, so if that's indication they're gonna receive the updates right after the Pixel does. They're basically stock Android and all Nokia has to do is add drivers.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The new Nokias are Google One, so if that's indication they're gonna receive the updates right after the Pixel does. They're basically stock Android and all Nokia has to do is add drivers.

Apparently all Nokia devices from the 3 up will be Android One as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21