Hello,
    I used Silent Boot on my Nokia 7 plus and was very happy that the annoying Nokia tune was gone.
    Yesterday there was a Nokia update and Silent Boot is no longer working ...
    What can I please do?
    Thank you for your help and kind regards.
    Michèle
    10-20-2018 04:07 AM
    I can't even imagine why you would find the boot up sound as annoying. You must be a youngster. Getting to the question, after I updated to pie some of my apps were acting weird and the touch vibration was way too strong. I let it settle in and most things have fixed themselves. Including the overly strong vibration on touch. Maybe it just needs to settle and go thru a few reboots like mine.
    10-20-2018 11:57 AM
    Silent Boot was written in January 2015 - 3-1/2 years, and about 3 Android versions ago. You can't expect an old app to somehow keep up with changes to the system (not until we get actual thinking programming, at least).

If the sound really bothers you that much, you'll probably find that it's a system file, or a file in a system folder, so you can't do anything about it without rooting. But you can look in the phone with a file manager app for .mp3, .aac and .ogg files to see if you can find the one that bothers you. Renaming the file (even changing one letter - like adding x to the end of the name will work) the file should keep it from playing.
    10-21-2018 12:21 PM
    Seriously OP how often do you re-boot / start your phone... Aside from any crashes, rogue app issues or problems... I only re-start my phones about once a month on a battery charge to clear the cache to dump the ram and make sure its running ok. besides. I quite like the Nokia Boot theme,,, plus its only the "NOKIA 5 note Trill"

I wouldnt worry OP...

Oh btw, If this has something to do with friends who laugh at your phone booting up.. their weird and you need new friends.. just a point .. hehe
    10-21-2018 02:30 PM