I just bought my Nokia 7 Plus 2 weeks ago, with Android 9 Pie out of the box. The phone is really great, just as I expected. But there are few things about the camera that I don't really satisfied with.

1. Overexposed problem
    Most of the daylight picture I shot has this overexposed problem. It's not always. But it's often. I recognised that if there is a source of light in the scene, the picture will overexposed (yes, have to take couple more time to get the most balanced light). And also a spot where the light bounces back. That spot will overexposed.

You can see in the picture below, at the source of light, the lamp. The housing of the lamp has some kind of pattern on it and it really visible to the eye, but not visible in the picture because of overexposure.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera performance feedback-35100.jpg  
    01-03-2019 11:56 AM
    2. Auto mode in low light actually does nothing

The photo mode in the camera app pretty much does nothing when in low light condition. It does not even try get much light from the scene.

1. See the 1st photo I take with enough light, using Photo mode. It does pretty well and amazing.

2. The 2nd is where I turn off light and shoot in Photo mode. The scene is completely dark (from the info, the ISO is 3200 and 1/14 shutter speed.

3. The 3rd one is captured using Pro mode, with 1600 ISO and 1 sec Shutter speed.

From my expectation, the photo mode should capture the scene as close as the Pro mode does, doesn't have to be perfect though but at least, try something.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera performance feedback-img_20190103_025136.jpg   Camera performance feedback-img_20190103_025155.jpg   Camera performance feedback-img_20190103_025206.jpg  
    01-03-2019 12:06 PM
    The average lighting in post #1 was about the grapes. If you wanted to see the pattern on the lights, you should have focused on the lights (then the grapes would have been underexposed). That's how photography works, you have to work within the dynamic range of the film (n a film camera) or sensor (in a digital camera) - you won't get details in bright areas and details in shadows.

The dynamic range (ration of brightest to darkest areas) in post #2 is probably many times less than the range in #1 .

(The N7+ doesn't have a "set and hold" for exposure, so you tap where you want details and shoot. That's about the best you can do.)

(In #2, the second picture, the exposure is being set by the light in the upper right corner, darkening the rest of the picture.)
    01-03-2019 12:18 PM
    Yea that's what I have in my mind, I took the shot without even tapping anywhere on the screen, just straight to the shoot button, let the camera auto focus on the scene by itself. Well in addition to that, the auto HDR is not often on even when the scene requires it (I set the HDR to auto, sorry don't have picture samples because already deleted them from device)
    01-03-2019 12:27 PM
    But I'm impressed with the colour accuracy. It's actually beyond my expectation. Little bit of contrasty some times but still Impressive. The phone is still great to me, one of the best for that price range.
    01-03-2019 12:57 PM
    I use gcam now. Got bored of getting inconsistent **** with normal Nokia app which is a shame because I know that the sensors in the 7+ have so much to give. All they gotta do is fix the camera app algorithm and it should be good. Used Tina of gcam figured pixel 2 gcam works way better for me just minus night sight but I can live with that
    Attached Thumbnails Camera performance feedback-5929.jpg  
    01-14-2019 09:57 AM
    Another gcam
    Attached Thumbnails Camera performance feedback-5927.jpg  
    01-14-2019 09:59 AM
    And another
    Attached Thumbnails Camera performance feedback-5932.jpg  
    01-14-2019 10:00 AM
    This 1 I didn't even care about coming out good I just pointed and shot in a rush
    Attached Thumbnails Camera performance feedback-5939.jpg  
    01-14-2019 10:00 AM