SD card question

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am slowly running out of space on my 7 plus (in spite of backing up photos etc). I have an SD card inserted which seems to be recognised but I am trying to move some of my apps to the SD card to free up internal storage but when I follow the instructions for this no app appears to be able to move. Am I just unlucky as I know some apps can't be on external storage but I would have thought at least one or two of my apps could be moved there. Have I missed something obvious to be able to make them change over?

I'm going I to settings. Apps. Then into the app I want to move and clicking on storage. Nothing has the option to move to external and according to instructions I have it should be here.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It may be possible your phone isn't set up to allow this. It's not recommended anyway because it can cause the card to corrupt prematurely. The SD card is best for stand alone files like your media.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most apps theses days won't run from the SD card (because they use app maker apps to make them, rather than develop the apps, and tha app maker apps use code that won't run from an SD card - so the "developer" turns off the "move to SD card" ability in the app.

As Mooncatt said, though, running an app from the SD card can cause premature failure of the card, so use the card for pictures, videos, music - things you wrote once. (Some apps, whether you can see it happen or not, write constantly.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaac donald