My wife's 8 Scirocco is using its battery in a half day, and reports that it uses unusually much battery.

The build in pages in settings does a lousy job of showing which app(s) is actually doing it.

Does anyone have some nice tips to troubleshoot battery usage on this phone ?
    05-28-2020 12:16 PM
    Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which may show Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
    05-28-2020 01:00 PM
    This sums up to 55%, so 18% is not accounted for...
    05-29-2020 01:35 PM
    Is the wi-fi signal always poor? If so, that might contribute -- phones typically have to use more energy in order to latch onto poor signal, be it cellular or wi-fi.

Also, how old is the phone, and how does your wife treat the battery? If she habitually lets it drain to zero or near-zero, that can decrease the battery's overall lifespan significantly.
    05-29-2020 02:42 PM
    That is actually an other pain point. I can have 3 out of four bars of WiFi signal on my phone and this Nokia only have one dot in same place... But at work she uses only mobile carrier and at home we have full signal. This picture was from out in our garden, where I have plenty signal on my phone.

The phone is 2 years old.

Well, when it drains battery so fast, it is hard to time that it won't run low when away from the charger. It is charged regularly every night, and then if low, when convenient and with a charger in reach. She doesn't on purpose let it run % dry.
    05-29-2020 02:52 PM
    Ask her if the cell signal is poor when at work. That's relatively common.
    05-29-2020 03:18 PM
    She has no idea
    05-29-2020 03:22 PM
    Ok, just ask her next time she's at work (whenever that will be, given current conditions) to look at the cell signal bars, and make a note of how many she sees. Ask her to do it a few times a day.

GSam Battery Monitor also has a nice Phone Signal graph that can make it easier to track.
    05-29-2020 05:14 PM