From what I read after Microsoft bought / paid, whatever for the Nokia phone division I was under the impression that Nokia no longer manufactured phones, I thought it was part of the agreement with Microsoft that they wouldn't manufacture phones. I thought I read someplace the new Nokia phones were being manufactured by Foxconn, I'm probably mistaken though. Anyone know who is making the current line of Nokia Android phones?
    08-12-2017 09:36 PM
    HMD makes Nokia android phones. Sort of like blackberry and TCL now. Here ya go https://www.hmdglobal.com/
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-13-2017 12:10 AM
    HMD develops Nokia phones.

Foxconn (FCI) is actually producing them.
    This is well documented.
    08-31-2017 07:38 AM
    It's a "cooperation".

- Nokia provides the base technologies. All the patents that belong to Nokia Technologies (NONE was sold to Microsoft by the way) like what was known as ClearBlack or PureView, are provided to HMD by Nokia.

- HMD Global, the Finnish company started unofficially by Nokia and made of ex-Nokia employees, designs and develops the phones. They do the hardware and the tiny bit of software that they add to the stock Android ROM, ie. the camera app.

- Foxconn manufactures and distributes the phones, pretty much like they do for Apple.
    ElderHallow likes this.
    09-01-2017 06:51 PM