I've been investigating this for about 3 weeks since I purchased my SIM free Nokia 8 in the UK.

I'd suspected that Nokia wasn't being completely honest about how the Oreo rollout was working given the lack of confirmed installs and the number of complaints about those who had not received it, this tweet from Sarvikas definitely had me thinking:

https://twitter.com/sarvikas/status/934040042875613184

Over the weekend fiddle_n (reddit) confirmed on swapping from an EE sim to a Vodafone UK sim that Oreo became available, I tested this today on my own Nokia 8 and within a minute of changing to Vodafone the update became available. On XDA it had been confirmed that a BT Mobile user was able to receive both Oreo and the latest patch almost immediately however they'd been part of the beta test.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=271

Unfortunately regardless of having a sim free handset it appears that the GSF (Google Services Framework) is identifying phones by carrier and holding back the updates as the carrier has not approved them.

This is extremely disappointing and goes in the against the advertisement of "Pure - Up to date - Secure - Always with Nokia" as its not down to Nokia its down to the carriers to approve the updates regardless of being a SIM free handset.
    01-04-2018 12:46 PM
    But I'm in a country and on a carrier where the Nokia 8 isn't sold and I got Oreo about a week after the official launch of Oreo for the Nokia 8... Mine is a TA-1004 unlocked dual SIM
    01-06-2018 02:24 AM
    Over the weekend fiddle_n (reddit) confirmed on swapping from an EE sim to a Vodafone UK sim that Oreo became available, I tested this today on my own Nokia 8 and within a minute of changing to Vodafone the update became available. On XDA it had been confirmed that a BT Mobile user was able to receive both Oreo and the latest patch almost immediately however they'd been part of the beta test.
    Hmm. Something odd is going on. I'm with EE (and EE supplied handset) and got Oreo within hours of it being announced. I had also been on the beta programme.
    01-08-2018 04:21 AM
    Hmm. Something odd is going on. I'm with EE (and EE supplied handset) and got Oreo within hours of it being announced. I had also been on the beta programme.
    If you're part of beta labs I believe Nokia pushes the update directly,

After rolling back you can remain part of the Nokia Phones beta labs. This means you will be in the first group of customers to receive our official Android 8.0 Oreo release.
    https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/betalabs
    01-08-2018 09:44 AM
    I've been investigating this for about 3 weeks since I purchased my SIM free Nokia 8 in the UK.

I'd suspected that Nokia wasn't being completely honest about how the Oreo rollout was working given the lack of confirmed installs and the number of complaints about those who had not received it, this tweet from Sarvikas definitely had me thinking:

https://twitter.com/sarvikas/status/934040042875613184

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=271

Unfortunately regardless of having a sim free handset it appears that the GSF (Google Services Framework) is identifying phones by carrier and holding back the updates as the carrier has not approved them.

This is extremely disappointing and goes in the against the advertisement of "Pure - Up to date - Secure - Always with Nokia" as its not down to Nokia its down to the carriers to approve the updates regardless of being a SIM free handset.
    I got the update on my Nokia 8 with an O2 SIM even before I finished setting the phone up and yes, it is SIM free.
    03-02-2018 04:41 PM
    I'm on EE. Still waiting..........
    03-05-2018 01:10 AM
    This is nothing new and there is no "conspiracy" surrounding carriers approving updates for SIM free devices, updates roll out in waves, even to SIM free devices based on IMEI number to ensure there are no major, Galaxy S8 style issues.

The only reason that users in the beta program get updates first regardless of the network is that those updates will be bug fixes as they already have the base version, you just have to be patient and wait or join the beta program.
    03-05-2018 05:12 AM
    Well I can tell you, as a beta program participant I'm still waiting for the March rollout to fix the hotspot bug. Ive tried Telstra (my carrier) and Nokia and each says it's the others fault.
    03-30-2018 03:23 PM
    Well I can tell you, as a beta program participant I'm still waiting for the March rollout to fix the hotspot bug. Ive tried Telstra (my carrier) and Nokia and each says it's the others fault.
    Did you read what I said about updates rolling out in waves. I don't have the March update either but I do know that it has rolled out in other countries.
    04-01-2018 07:32 PM
    Did you read what I said about updates rolling out in waves. I don't have the March update either but I do know that it has rolled out in other countries.
    Sure did. Doesn't mean I'm not pissed off at the snails pace of rollouts.
    04-01-2018 07:34 PM