So I installed BBM, an app caled App Locker, and BOTIM.

I kept getting a notificationthat the app locker and BBM are using the battery despite me having had placed them in the blacklist to not run in the background so I uninstalled them.

But there is an app I really need for VOiP and it's called BOTIM, that too is making the phone give me the same warning that BOTIM is using the battery and I did put it in the Battery Blacklist and turned on the toggle to have it always sleeping yet I see the message constantly.

Seems like this battery background app restriction is not really working.

Any thoughts?
    01-03-2019 07:05 AM
    Apps of this nature, in order to function properly, do need to do some work in the background. Your phone will warn you of this, BUT you might just want to live with it, UNLESS it's having a major impact on battery.
    01-03-2019 09:30 AM
    I searched that BOTIM app and it's got many bad reviews in the Play Store. You could try using a different VoIP app or, if you are happy with yourbattery life, you can turn that kind of notifications off. To do this go to settings - apps & notifications - three dots top right - show system - scroll down and select Android System - app notifications - scroll down and switch 'apps consuming battery' off. I had to do this to stop the persistent notification for a battery monitor that I use.
    pkcable and Ultra Male like this.
    01-03-2019 10:16 AM
    Right, in your opinion guys, do apps that lock other apps like App Locker affect your battery dramatically since they're constantly running?
    01-03-2019 04:46 PM
    Right, in your opinion guys, do apps that lock other apps like App Locker affect your battery dramatically since they're constantly running?
    No idea, I've never used any and I guess it will depend on which app locker you are using.
    01-03-2019 05:14 PM