Nokia 8 - Flagship

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Bit of a bummer where they mention it will have a slight uprade as the Nokia 9 may be delayed. The 9 is the phone I'm holding out for

SL2

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Nokia 8- Flagship

Bit of a bummer where they mention it will have a slight uprade as the Nokia 9 may be delayed. The 9 is the phone I'm holding out for
So what's missing in 8 that the 9 was supposed to have?

It's all rumors at this point. The 9 got renamed to 8, according to GSMArena.

Last edited by a moderator:

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

From what I can tell from the rumours it sounds like the Nokia 8 has had a spec bump but falls a little short of what the Nokia 9 was supposed to have. So it basically falls somewhere in between the 2. Either way it's all speculation like you say and if this article is true then this will be their top flagship for now no matter what rumours are flying around

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

I'm sure there is going to be a 9 especially since I've been hearing the processor might be a downgrade on the 8. It's all speculation at this point but will have to wait and see

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone know what the software updates will be like? Have they committed to releasing (at least security updates) pretty quickly in line with Google.

I've also heard that it will be pretty much stock android which is cool.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know what the software updates will be like? Have they committed to releasing (at least security updates) pretty quickly in line with Google.

Software Updates will be amongst the fastest to be released thanks to near stock Android. They have also committed to monthly security updates and firmware upgrades for 2 years.

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Software Updates will be amongst the fastest to be released thanks to near stock Android. They have also committed to monthly security updates and firmware upgrades for 2 years.
It may well be the phone to replace my 5X then. Can't decide between the Nokia or Original Pixel.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

They seem to be good so far on security updates
Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 Android Phones to Receive Monthly Security Updates | Technology News
Nokia 6 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update Gets Wider Rollout | Technology News

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

If you are choosing only between Nokia 8 or original Pixel, I would go for the Nokia, near stock software, newer hardware, probably a bit more attractive. But you probably can get the Pixel cheaper

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

If you are choosing only between Nokia 8 or original Pixel, I would go for the Nokia, near stock software, newer hardware, probably a bit more attractive. But you probably can get the Pixel cheaper
I'd go the other way, but only because the new Nokia has never released a flagship and the pixel is proven to be a great device. Plus the Nokia design has a lot of ancient elements to it that need updating. Hopefully the 8 is good though so next year we'll know if they're pushing quality or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800