How has this phone held up?

Orangejuicizzle

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I was an original buyer of this device but sold it after a bit (I couldn't stand the fingerprint reader).

Has it held up at all? Like, is it getting updated like normal? I would love to come back to the Nokia pond, I'm a little worried about the software commitment though since that's a major selling point for the brand if they are holding up to the commitment.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine has help up pretty well. As you mentioned the fingerprint reader is useless and with mask wearing so is face unlock. My battery is no longer holding a charge as well either. I bought mine on 03/04/2019 so I'm coming up on 2 years. I have been looking for a replacement for the past several months but cannot decide on which way to go. I just know I will avoid an in-display fingerprint reader unless I read enough reviews that tell me the thing is at least mostly reliable.

Toby Barrett

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I guess due to the lack of replies, not many people using this phone anymore. Had mine for 2.5 years and was beginning to show its age. Charge not holding, camera getting slower and sometimes stopping. The fingerprint reader never worked reliably.

Got fed up of waiting for Nokia to release a successor (with these issues fixed). Just upgraded to a Google Pixel 6. Was initially wary of another in display fingerprint reader but its a revelation next to the Nokia 9: quick and reliable. Great camera - which is also fast. It's the phone that the Nokia should have been.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to a Sony Xperia 1 III back in August. The side-mounted fingerprint scanner works flawlessly and is fast. I also like the form factor (more slender). Still learning the cameras.

islehopper

May 24, 2018
Visit site
I guess due to the lack of replies, not many people using this phone anymore. Had mine for 2.5 years and was beginning to show its age. Charge not holding, camera getting slower and sometimes stopping. The fingerprint reader never worked reliably.

Got fed up of waiting for Nokia to release a successor (with these issues fixed). Just upgraded to a Google Pixel 6. Was initially wary of another in display fingerprint reader but its a revelation next to the Nokia 9: quick and reliable. Great camera - which is also fast. It's the phone that the Nokia should have been.

Still keep mine as a back-up to Surface Duo 2.
Charge, camera, operating system all stable, no issues. After 2.5 years, looks and operates like new.
Cheers