Any Pre-Orders here?

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone take the plunge with the 100 off?

TMobile customer here who is just on the edge knowing there is no band 71.

I pre-ordered from B&H. Not only are they giving $100 off but also throwing in a 10,500mAh portable battery pack.

No band compatibility issues with my carrier though (Rogers)

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get one at Best Buy (online) this morning before they sold out. Should have it in a few days. $599.99 This will replace my 3+ year old Nexus 6p on T-MOBILE.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'll know if I'm taking the plunge or not by the end of the week before the promotion ends. My go to guy Juan Bagnell got his hands on one and went through the whole setup process as well as taking some of his first camera samples live on Google Hangouts via YouTube and he's got me pumped for it. It would be so much easier to get it through my carrier but if this camera shows enough promise(and I'm highly anticipating future software updates) I'll figure out a way to get it.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll know if I'm taking the plunge or not by the end of the week before the promotion ends. My go to guy Juan Bagnell got his hands on one and went through the whole setup process as well as taking some of his first camera samples live on Google Hangouts via YouTube and he's got me pumped for it. It would be so much easier to get it through my carrier but if this camera shows enough promise(and I'm highly anticipating future software updates) I'll figure out a way to get it.

I just watched Juan's video. I'm looking forward to his full camera review. Were you in the comments section on that video too? :D

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I just watched Juan's video. I'm looking forward to his full camera review. Were you in the comments section on that video too? :D
I wish. I was at work so I watched it after the fact but that was definitely a unique and cool experience.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay I pre-ordered on B&H.

Nokia, I'm coming home!
Dope. This is an early preview of what kind of experience you'll be treated to.
6e2bd2b5320b573947c290d3ce5a2518.jpg
c90a67587de1b8760708d849361238d4.jpg

Orangejuicizzle

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
For those who pre-ordered on B&H. I filled out a survey, and just mentioned it wouldve been nice just to have an ETA on the backorder.

They actually got back to me (great customer service actually acting on a survey), and they mentioned the warehouse is expecting them on March 21st.

So that should be the day to look out for.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
For those who pre-ordered on B&H. I filled out a survey, and just mentioned it wouldve been nice just to have an ETA on the backorder.

They actually got back to me (great customer service actually acting on a survey), and they mentioned the warehouse is expecting them on March 21st.

Thanks for the info!

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm trying to resist! Maybe in a year... ??????.

Sorry, but they probably won't be around in a year. This is a limited production model. But I'm sure there will be something else. My fear was that whatever it is it will be something priced like most flagships.

I ordered the first day from B&H. It's coming with the portable power pack and Bluetooth in ear headphones for free. They are now only offering it with the power pack.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site

I'm curious as to why they are referring to it as backordered (not that it really matters). I ordered when it was first available so I'm assuming they have yet to receive their first batch.

wmupchurch

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious as to why they are referring to it as backordered (not that it really matters). I ordered when it was first available so I'm assuming they have yet to receive their first batch.

I suspect it's because Nokia promised the 9 would be available on March 3rd. Not available to order; available. Around March 4th, Best Buy and B&H listed the 6th on their websites, then took that information down. Now Best Buy and Amazon are listing dates as far out as the 18th and adding days every few days. The Amazon seller is listing in stock, but saying 4-5 days to ship, which seems kinda impossible and deceptive. I suspect they don't have any units on hand. What large, US based seller on Amazon takes 5 days to ship something?

Given the trend, either they are selling more than they expected (some Best Buy locations continue to get a trickle of units) or, Nokia botched the roll out. I'm going with 'botched roll out'. It seems their marketing team got a little ahead of their operations team; or the operations team just blew the launch. It's super frustrating, but I'm still looking forward to getting my phone.... one day....

Just a note of support of for B&H. I did the same with B&H. Replied to the survey and they sent me the same response. March 21st. Really good customer service from them!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but they probably won't be around in a year. This is a limited production model. But I'm sure there will be something else. My fear was that whatever it is it will be something priced like most flagships.

I ordered the first day from B&H. It's coming with the portable power pack and Bluetooth in ear headphones for free. They are now only offering it with the power pack.

Let me know when you get it! Hmm, maybe I'll just wait and see what comes out in a year! It's hard to make future purchasing decisions now!

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Just a note of support of for B&H. I did the same with B&H. Replied to the survey and they sent me the same response. March 21st. Really good customer service from them!
Absolutely! I'm a video professional and I've literally ordered tens of thousands of dollars of equipment from them over the years and have never ever had one single problem.

Ixia2

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site
I've pre ordered too. I have a provisional dispatch
of April 1st here in the UK , but some people who ordered on the first day are already getting dispatched emails.
It was £549 from Nokia and comes with bluetooth earbuds...I'd rather have had the battery pack lol. Even splashed out on Express delivery, but I live offshore, so not sure if Express will happen.

I was a bit surprised by the limited edition, worried that they'll bring out an improved version, a few months down the line, but didn't dare risk not ordering this one.
My 950xl is pretty much done and I've been waiting for a worthy successor to my 1020 for a while now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech