Pictures taken with the Nokia 9 Pureview

DogEarsAZ

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Shot from downtown Tempe this morning. Unedited JPG straight from the phone.

IMG_20190322_085547.jpg

I'm playing golf again this weekend, will get some of those shots up here too.

Attachments

• IMG_20190321_201329.jpg
    IMG_20190321_201329.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 9

TonyWoo60

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
Straight out of the camera. It's capable of some brilliant stuff but occasionally throws up some very weird results. Unfortunately, as a phone, it's pretty awful so mine is going back. I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone try to use this thing as their daily driver.

sd4f

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
Straight out of the camera. It's capable of some brilliant stuff but occasionally throws up some very weird results. Unfortunately, as a phone, it's pretty awful so mine is going back. I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone try to use this thing as their daily driver.

Can you elaborate further. I've read comments by some that it's not a 'point and shoot' camera, more for enthusiasts who want to post-process, but beyond that, what problems are you having?

TonyWoo60

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner is virtually unuseable. This is after the update to improve it. It's not just me, there are plenty of people on the Nokia forums having the same problem. Photos take a long time to process, which I don't have a problem with, but I'm getting frequent "photo not available" messages when I'm trying to look at older photos. Various apps have crashed on me such as the Google feed and Onedrive. The killer is the fingerprint scanner though. My password and banking apps are all fingerprint secured which renders them useless on here. It's a backward step having to unlock an app with a lengthy password. Should never have been released in this condition.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Can you elaborate further. I've read comments by some that it's not a 'point and shoot' camera, more for enthusiasts who want to post-process, but beyond that, what problems are you having?

If you set it to Photo it works fine as a point and shoot.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner is virtually unuseable. This is after the update to improve it. It's not just me, there are plenty of people on the Nokia forums having the same problem. Photos take a long time to process, which I don't have a problem with, but I'm getting frequent "photo not available" messages when I'm trying to look at older photos. Various apps have crashed on me such as the Google feed and Onedrive. The killer is the fingerprint scanner though. My password and banking apps are all fingerprint secured which renders them useless on here. It's a backward step having to unlock an app with a lengthy password. Should never have been released in this condition.

I'm not experiencing any of those things. I haven't tried the fingerprint reader because I have no use for them. I haven't used them on any phone that I've owned, but if it's something you use, I understand it would be frustrating. Also, I don't think there's been an update for the reader. The only update that I'm aware of was the initial one for the camera.

I'm still loving mine!

TonyWoo60

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any of those things. I haven't tried the fingerprint reader because I have no use for them. I haven't used them on any phone that I've owned, but if it's something you use, I understand it would be frustrating. Also, I don't think there's been an update for the reader. The only update that I'm aware of was the initial one for the camera.

I'm still loving mine!

I only mentioned after the update in case anyone asked. The update did add facial recognition unlocking which suggests to me that Nokia know they've got a problem with the fingerprint scanner. Face unlock is very hit and miss too unfortunately. If I thought the next update was almost ready for release I'd hang on to it to see if they manage to fix the problems. I don't have a lot of faith given the Nokia update record so far.

sd4f

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
Comparing the two dog photos, I prefer the Nokia 9 photo, but clearly the samsung isn't garbage. It appears to me that the nokia relies more on taking a better quality photo to begin with, rather than running algorithms. I haven't got the slightest clue if that's correct, it's just what it looks like to me.

Regarding the issues with the Nokia 9, it's a real shame, I was seriously considering it, but I'm after a point and shoot type phone and it's increasingly looking like the S10e. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Comparing the two dog photos, I prefer the Nokia 9 photo, but clearly the samsung isn't garbage. It appears to me that the nokia relies more on taking a better quality photo to begin with, rather than running algorithms. I haven't got the slightest clue if that's correct, it's just what it looks like to me.

Regarding the issues with the Nokia 9, it's a real shame, I was seriously considering it, but I'm after a point and shoot type phone and it's increasingly looking like the S10e. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
The S10e is only a few dollars more than the Nokia 9 though or is it different where you live?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt