Pictures taken with the Nokia 9 Pureview

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
IMG_20190313_092035.jpg

Seat and console that I sewed for my 65 Chevelle Malibu convertible. I should have the car finished just in time for the 110 degree temps.

Last edited:

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The last two pics you posted aren't showing up. Just the text "Attachment 300033 and 300034" The links say invalid file type.

Anybody else getting the same thing?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
That's the sort of effect we need from phone cameras. Their extremely short focal length lenses make it almost impossible without trickery, and it's trickery such as Nokia's Depth Mapping that gets us closer to the effects obtainable in 35mm photography. You'd probably need to use a 50mm lens at full aperture or thereabouts to get the very pleasing shallow depth of field in that shot.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Great shots. Any edits or mostly straight from the phone?

Thanks! I changed the depth on a few and also did slight warming on a few, but that's it. I took RAW too so when I get time I'll be playing with that. There was nothing wrong with the depth on the one's I changed. I just happen to think it looks more like it came from a DSLR if it's more subtle.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I changed the depth on a few and also did slight warming on a few, but that's it. I took RAW too so when I get time I'll be playing with that. There was nothing wrong with the depth on the one's I changed. I just happen to think it looks more like it came from a DSLR if it's more subtle.

Right on

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Here's a link to a short slo-mo video. I did some walking video that I'm not posting, but I think the problem with it is NOT that it doesn't have stabilization (which would definitely be welcome). Rather, that it doesn't have manual focus (unless I'm missing it). The video looks like it's hunting focus every time I take a step.
This one is just a short pan.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvA0fCKH5fU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

MurphieB

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
Here's a link to a short slo-mo video. I did some walking video that I'm not posting, but I think the problem with it is NOT that it doesn't have stabilization (which would definitely be welcome). Rather, that it doesn't have manual focus (unless I'm missing it). The video looks like it's hunting focus every time I take a step.

The lack of manual focus really sucks, I agree. I certainly couldn't figure it out if there is one. I'd like it for taking pictures as well, sometimes pointing at an object for focus is insufficient.

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_211703~2.jpg
    IMG_20190314_211703~2.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 15

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yep unfortunately you will need to use a third party app for manual focus in both photo and video modes. Hopefully they will update the software to include this later but it's one of those things that should've been there from day one.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The lack of manual focus really sucks, I agree. I certainly couldn't figure it out if there is one. I'd like it for taking pictures as well, sometimes pointing at an object for focus is insufficient.
Yep only in third party apps will you get access to manual focus and I really doubt Nokia gave them access to the five cameras yet so you'll probably only be using one sensor. Or I could be wrong about that. Can you guys confirm?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon