New software update available!

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Fingerprint is MUCH better, really happy with it now. Works majority of the time without issue.

There's a thread on Twitter saying that it is now allowing unlock with fingers that aren't registered or with objects. Have you seen anything like that?

DogEarsAZ

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I read the article about the pack of gum. I've tried some other stuff to make it fail security and I had the kids try and unlock it this evening as well. So far, only my thumb does the trick, but there are reports of it being an issue for more than one person.

You have to get some type of charge to the display, so I tried a thing of lifesavers mints which isn't all that much different from a pack of gum. I was able to get the sensor to light up and scan, but it refused to unlock the phone.

-----

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Interesting that it's not affecting all phones. I've read others that said that they are having no issues. Weird.

sd4f

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
Good to hear that it's not as bad as that video.

With the trouble nokia is having with their divorce with foxconn, I was concerned that any updates are basically half arsed, and they just relaxed the requirements of the sensor.

I have been quite critical of hmd/nokia of late, but only because they're failing in the software support area, which is a real shame, because the hardware does seem to be quite good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38