Nokia 9 Purview Mic problems

tomneversfield

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I bought the Nokia 9 the minute it became available on Amazon.com (mid March). The first few weeks I did notice that sometimes Google would not hear me when I asked Google Assistant something. I thought maybe it was a software glitch.

With the update of last week (mid April 2019), my mic now isn't working at all! It'll only work if i'm shooting a video. Alternatively, if I want to make a call i would have to use an ear phone, bluetooth or my car! If I pick up the phone regularly, the caller would think i'm on mute. Very Strange and disappointing.

Nokia gave me the choice to either ship the phone and have it fixed (i now live in Toronto), or if I could wait for a couple of days for the upcoming fix. I chose to wait but i'm really very frustrated. Anyone else having the same mic problems I'm having now? Especially after the update of last week?

I've always been a Nokia fan, and my friends have always made fun of how i'm usually "one of eight persons in the Bay Area" to own a Nokia. I used to respect how they take mobile photography very seriously, and how they consistently produce phones with XENON flash (xenon flash gives the BEST and sharpest pics, compared to the mightiest of triple LED True Tone bla bla bla).

Nokia 9's camera is solid, but many of the pics aren't as nearly as sharp as the 1080 or N8... Now those phones produced magnificent pics that really were close in quality and sharpness to that of a Sony point and shoot!

I'm supporting Nokia 9 with the hopes that if this phone 'succeeds', the company will be enticed to produce a better android camera phone WITH XENON flash!

Thanks,

DogEarsAZ

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't use speech to text a lot, but just sent a text that way and it worked as expected.

If it works during video, the hardware is intact. Depending on how you feel about doing a phone reset, that's the first thing I would try. Not everyone is keen on that however.

tomneversfield

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
thanks for your response.. Yeah I'm 99% sure it's not a H/W issue.. Most likely an algorithm clash involving Google Assistant (based on other posts I saw here and there). I'll wait for another couple of days to see if they will release their s/w update. If not, i'll move forward and reset it. I hope they get their s**t together soon before they lose me as a fan and supporter.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
thanks for your response.. Yeah I'm 99% sure it's not a H/W issue.. Most likely an algorithm clash involving Google Assistant (based on other posts I saw here and there). I'll wait for another couple of days to see if they will release their s/w update. If not, i'll move forward and reset it. I hope they get their s**t together soon before they lose me as a fan and supporter.

There's supposed to be an s/w update today.

tomneversfield

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
really? just checked now and it says my phone is up to date. I chatted with Nokia support and they said they can't say/promise a date for the next update or security patch. I'm thinking it'll probably be rolled out in 2-3 weeks, though i hope for it be much sooner. Very frustrating to have a malfunctioning mic of all things!

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
really? just checked now and it says my phone is up to date. I chatted with Nokia support and they said they can't say/promise a date for the next update or security patch. I'm thinking it'll probably be rolled out in 2-3 weeks, though i hope for it be much sooner. Very frustrating to have a malfunctioning mic of all things!

Yeah, sorry, it was posted by @teampureview on Twitter but obviously didn't happen.

thenvisme

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site

Any luck or updates on this? I'm having the same problem. I just updated to the August 2019 patch and I'm still having the exact same issue. I'm using the phone in Toronto on the Rogers network. I'm 99% sure its software related but I'm considering sending it back to Nokia for repair at this point. Its been months since I've been able to make a regular phone call.

Cherrypie2311

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, I'm also having mic issue..will be talking and then complete silence for a minute...other caller not noticing as I think they just keep talking but I just hear silence...also have turned off finger scan as that was a disaster and I couldn't unlock phone...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey