Getting one but I have questions for existing owners - please help :)

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting one mostly to play the android games I already have on google play games and to watch TV through the home network using DLNA, My quesitons are:

1) For DLNA streaming, is there a "Recently Watched" panel? Basically a quick shortcut to the last video I watched on the home network.

2) For games that I already own on my google account, can I just download them straight on to the console from Google Play or do I have to purchase a special Shield-compatible version from the Grid store?

Any information would be appreciated. I've watched a couple of reviews of this device already but couldn't find any information regarding these subjects. Thanks in advance!

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak to the first point, but for #2...

There is no special "Grid Store". They have a break-out "app" listing Shield-compatible games, but ultimately they are Play Store purchases that are featured by Nvidia. There's also the full* Play Store.

( * apps are still required to be built for Android TV to show up in this listing, it's not 100% of the store. there are some workarounds. )

Your previous purchases are valid, assuming the developer has made their app compatible.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak to the first point, but for #2...

There is no special "Grid Store". They have a break-out "app" listing Shield-compatible games, but ultimately they are Play Store purchases that are featured by Nvidia. There's also the full* Play Store.

( * apps are still required to be built for Android TV to show up in this listing, it's not 100% of the store. there are some workarounds. )

Your previous purchases are valid, assuming the developer has made their app compatible.

Thanks for the reply! I figured as much, I just wanted to make sure that the games I've already purchased won't need to be re-purchased again. I've already seen the list of supported games and know which titles I want :)