Watching currently running tv show

mar1234

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Can I watch a currently running TV program on my SHIELD Android TV at the same time it is running on my regular TV?
I just got my box and it appears so far to only will show archived shows.
Is there a add on that I need to download?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, we'd need a lot more information here. Are you talking about something you're watching over your cable signal that you want to also view through your SHIELD? I assume the SHIELD is hooked up to a different TV? There are ways to show a live cable signal on the SHIELD, but it requires a device like an HD Homerun network cable tuner, and a CableCARD from your cable company.

Generally a SHIELD (or a Roku, or any other TV box) will only stream video from various sources, such as Netflix, or a local storage device. If the file is still being written you won't be able to open it for streaming, not until the file is completed and the proper header information is applied to it.

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
npaladin-2000 : If the shield connected to only one TV can you get Live TV programs like
local news,TV shows Etc.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
npaladin-2000 : If the shield connected to only one TV can you get Live TV programs like
local news,TV shows Etc.
Again, not enough information. But in general, no. The SHIELD isn't a cable box. You can stream anything you can find an app for, and that includes some live TV, and some local channels. But not all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000