Max storage

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the max storage can be that is hooked up to the shield.

I assume you're referring to the max storage that can be added as adoptable storage over USB? In that case, the max size drive that can be added is far beyond the size of drives available today. Unless NVIDIA has put some nominal restriction in place that I'm not aware of, you can attach up to 9ZB (zettabytes) via adoptable storage according to the core Android 7.0 spec. That's a lot of storage.

So basically, plug in any drive you want. I recommend using a flash drive or external SSD for the best performance, but an external 7200 rpm spinning drive will work just fine as well. As a bare minimum, just make sure the drive supports USB 3.0 transfer speeds.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you connect multiple drives and format them as internal will the Shield distribute the data across multiple drives. I am kind of thinking like Drive pooling. The idea being could i connect 4 drives via a usb3.0 enclosure and format them all as internal and have it use all of them. I know you can only copy the /Data directory to one, but i am just hopeing i can expand it to more then one attached drive. Or is the only option at that point to used the drive as external storage.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you connect multiple drives and format them as internal will the Shield distribute the data across multiple drives. I am kind of thinking like Drive pooling. The idea being could i connect 4 drives via a usb3.0 enclosure and format them all as internal and have it use all of them. I know you can only copy the /Data directory to one, but i am just hopeing i can expand it to more then one attached drive. Or is the only option at that point to used the drive as external storage.

Only one can be formatted as internal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan